index680i

Building a new machine.

Looks great index680i.

How is the db levels of the 5870 ?i hope it doesnt sound like a jet engine when it is under load. ;)

Its funny everyone always gave index such a hard time about his build threads but when he finally does buy the stuff they are nowhere to be seen lol.

Thats a bloody nice build dude. Really really good looking man Id be so happy with that.

Are you planning on aftermarket CPU cooler?

Yeah I plan to install a after market cooler, the packaged intel coolers drive me insane :P

fuck me those 5870's are long cards lol.

I had a bit of a play around inside the case to fit it in but I don't know how a second 5870 will fit :P

How is the db levels of the 5870 ?i hope it doesnt sound like a jet engine when it is under load. ;)

Thanks man!

Not loud at all and always remains cool.

The only noise I hear inside the case is the crappy stock intel cooler :P

Its funny everyone always gave index such a hard time about his build threads but when he finally does buy the stuff they are nowhere to be seen lol.

Yes and its funny how I can finally add some kickass benchmarks without the need to ask :P

The thing that sucks is, when I got the GTX260 it came with a Vantage advanced key code and I bloody forgot to grab it on the way out the door. So I am back home with no purchased benchmarking software (Unless free) :P

From what I can say is that Crysis without any patches yet, still at 1.0 and not 1.1 or the 1.2 patch.

So sitting on just the normal install, I get no frame drop at any time and this is even with the 5870's stock drivers from the CD. So I look up to the future of driver releases and ill be patching Crysis up to get the normal speed of the game, so hopefully ill be posting something soon!!

Edited by index680i

hey index, its been a while since this thread wass active, but you still happy with the case? i was looking at it before but wasnt sure.

hey index, its been a while since this thread wass active, but you still happy with the case? i was looking at it before but wasnt sure.

I nearly got the all black version of the case, a technicality arose though with pccg postage costs (doubled like 3 days before I ordered it from 25 to 52) so I had to special order a FT01 (my second choice) from Umart and wait like a week and a bit to get it in, happy with my choice :)

The ft01 is remarkably similar to the lian li though

hmm. im not that much of a fan of the ft01, the ft02 is nice, but pretty expensive for wat it is. I really like the Lancool k62 though. i was looking at it the other day as i was looking at the pc-p50 black version, and i realized that i probably prefer the k62 lol. love the harddrive mounting system. SOOOO CONFUSING NOW X_X

Hey dude.

I am 100% happy with it, I keep it clean at all time. If your looking at building a nice looking system then you can do that with this case, you can also make a nice looking system with the colors of the hardware (Black/Red/Blue) Thats my mix of colors in the case.

I also must say sorry for not posting any benchmarks as of yet, I have been so busy lately making my film "G.H.O.S.T" and working, trying to maintain my own real life :)

I will be doing tests this Friday and I will 'hopefully' have benchmarks ready.

Edited by index680i