Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Solid_Snake

Anyone familiar with DD-WRT? Need bridging help..

Hi All,

I recently installed DD-WRT onto my D-link DIR-600 so I could set it up as a wireless bridge at home. I should have done more research because the hardware doesnt support client bridging accordng to the DD-WRT forums. The only options I get under wireless mode are: AP, client, ad-hoc, repeater and repeater bridge. Which of these modes should I use to get a wireless bridge working? I'm assuming it'd be repeater bridge but im not sure.

At the moment my Desktop/Laptop/iPhone connect to my Linksys WAG54G wirelessly and im wanting to connect my Xbox360 to the router without having to buy the overpriced official MS wireless peripheral.

So basically my 360 will connect to the Dlink DIR-600 via cat5 cable which will be bridged with the Linksys WAG45G modem/router to share its internet connection

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Solid_Snake

I know I cannot be much help in the DD-WRT sector, Although I have a Dlink DWL G810 which I used on my xbox before I got rid of it.

PM me if your interested to purchase this off me cheap as it is now redundant and gathering dust.

Rob.

Edited by motiv

I recently installed DD-WRT onto my D-link DIR-600 so I could set it up as a wireless bridge at home. I should have done more research because the hardware doesnt support client bridging accordng to the DD-WRT forums. The only options I get under wireless mode are: AP, client, ad-hoc, repeater and repeater bridge. Which of these modes should I use to get a wireless bridge working?

You've probably answered your own question here. If the DIR-600 can't do client bridging then it will not do what you need.

You could try repeater bridge mode, but I doubt that will let the DIR-600 associate as a client to your other AP.

PM me if your interested to purchase this off me cheap as it is now redundant and gathering dust.

Rob.

Except PM trading and trading outside of Trademart are both instaban offences.