Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bj12y3

DJ Hero

so i picked up Dj hero this afternoon at Singleton Big W in nsw.

iv only played it for a few hours but so far i like it. I've played GH a lot, so this is a good change. At the moment i am getting 4-5 stars on all medium songs first go, but there is a fair difficulty jump from medium too hard.

Also i never realised how important the crossfading would be, there is definatly more emphasis on cross fading and scratching correctly, rather than nailing tricky button combinations like guitar hero.

Have many people pre-ordered, or planning to buy DJ hero?

I pre-ordered the renegade edition after playing the game at a conference back in August.

Was surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. I'm decent enough on Guitar Hero and this was a very welcome change.

I like the idea, but after seeing the tracklist, I decided I wouldnt bother.

yeah i was worried about the tracklist too, but im really liking it. I wish there was some hardstyle music or trance or sumthing, but its all house music, so if you really dont like that at all, i very much doubt the gameplay is goin to make up for it.

I agree with you nuke, but I wanna play it for just one song (er, 'mix', though I'm hoping it's one of the songs you can play GH on):

Street Sweeper Social Club - Fight! Smash! Win! (not the strongest song off the album, bu I don't care)

http://www.djhero.com/music/

My mate (store manager of a competitor) got his copies of the game and set one up for demo (but he's not selling it yet).

Finished work early and ended up playing this game for 2 hours!

Drew quite a crowd too just playing on medium. Mostly 4 and 5 stars on medium and I've barely played the game.

Gave it a go on hard. Only 2 and 1 stars :(

But some of the mixes are quite good and enjoyable. And I usually hate this kind of music.

My mate (store manager of a competitor) got his copies of the game and set one up for demo (but he's not selling it yet).

Finished work early and ended up playing this game for 2 hours!

Drew quite a crowd too just playing on medium. Mostly 4 and 5 stars on medium and I've barely played the game.

Gave it a go on hard. Only 2 and 1 stars :(

But some of the mixes are quite good and enjoyable. And I usually hate this kind of music.

Good to hear that morris! We had a bash at my store late in the afternoon too. I play on expert, and manage 3 or 4 star on most mixes. However, whenever I play a song that has a guitar accompaniment, I end up jealous of the guitar player :(

So while IGN and a few other sites are giving DJ Hero some wonderful reviews, I can't help but feel that being a pretend-pretend musician isn't quiet as fulfilling a being a pretend guitarist ;) But that is obviously a matter of personal preference.

3 - 4 stars on Expert!!

I think I'm much better on guitar.

And I get enough crap from the real guitarists at work for playing on a plastic one. I wonder what will be said about DJ Hero.

I'm just annoyed that I have to wait longer for my Renegade Edition to turn up.

Picked this up today guys...

Only played it for 2 hours or so and I have to say I am enjoying it..

Some of the mixes are just awesome.

Oh and it is pretty hard..

I got it a few days ago, my brain doesn't want to do what it needs to. It's much harder than guitar hero to me. I can zone out playing guitar hero and just let my fingers play. My left and right brain don't like each other enough to crossfade and spin.

I got it a few days ago, my brain doesn't want to do what it needs to. It's much harder than guitar hero to me. I can zone out playing guitar hero and just let my fingers play. My left and right brain don't like each other enough to crossfade and spin.

The cross fader part was the hardest bit for me to get the hang of....

But once you get it down its really fun... again love the mixes.

Just got DJ hero today on THE PS3. I didnt see the JB Hifi deal which is 129 which you apparently get a daft punk cd or the BIG W one but I'm cool with that, the price difference for me isn't that much.

I think its a pretty good game so far - This is coming from someone whose never owned or cared for the Guitar hero / Rockband games.

I found scratchin with the "blue" icon always seems to get me.

I like the mixes but hopefully it "mixes" it up a little more when I start unlocking more songs.

I should try giving it a go online sometimes.

From viewing the 'mixes' in the trailers and such, it looks fuckin horrid. I was semi-considering it until I saw the botched abortion of a 'mix' with Benny Benassi - Satisfaction and Tiesto - Elements of Life. Two completely different genres slapped together really poorly... It sounded like rubbish. I've been mixing on and off for the last 4 years, I know a shit load of DJs, and I have worked in the club/party industry for the last 5 years. Mixing like that, even on the tuntablist hiphop end of the spectrum rarely, if ever, sounds like that.

The other tracks I listened to didn't fare any better.

Sigh, what a let down.

Well guys yesterday I finally unlocked the daft punk set...(the whole reason for purchase).

I have to say i am realyl enjoying this game.

The fiance and I enjoy playing this game together with a few drinks.

I must say the daft punk mixes are awesome... and well worth the wait to unlock..

Is anyone else getting blisters on their fingers from playing this ?