Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
bowlen

New Magic Mouse

I've worked out my slider issue, seems I managed to bend the alloy cover when ripping it from the packaging, tested a fresh one and it's all good.

Most impressive.

I nearly did the same. That was some stupid packaging.

Word to new adopters, remove magic mouse from packaging carefully as the sticky tape holding the white foam to the battery cover is very strong.

After 20 days use, I'm fully sold that multi-touch mousing surfaces is the way of the future.

My battery is already at 75%

Bit quick but i guess it will be ok when i put rechargeable batteries in it

so who here still has lost the swipe functionality?

I lost mine last night, Yes it is enabled in the mouse properties. browzed the internet and it seems to be common.

some of the fixes are as follows reset permissions, restarted, to no avail. reinstalled the wireless mouse update again-still no go.

afew people did mention that it did come back, but lost it again.

Edited by jdee71

I did lose the two finger swipe the other day. An un-tick and tick of the option in mouse properties along with a restart has fixed it so far.

I did lose the two finger swipe the other day. An un-tick and tick of the option in mouse properties along with a restart has fixed it so far.

tried that last night, didnt work for me.

I havent turned it on since last nights shutdown, so I'd be interested to see if it works or not

Have you tried creating a new user?

Have you tried dumping system plists?

I believe com.apple.com.systempreferences.plist and com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist are the plis files for mice.

Edited by TinBane

Have you tried creating a new user?

Have you tried dumping system plists?

I believe com.apple.com.systempreferences.plist and com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist are the plis files for mice.

no and no, haven't tried those...

however just turned it on and it is back

Did you try a cold restart, before now?

yes when i read that people had restarted/shut down their mac's and it come back. I believe I shut it down twice and restarted 3 times to no avail.

see what happens when I shut it down now and restart when I get home from my folks house<- time for some free tea yummmmmy

want more multitouch gestures like pinching? want to be able to use expose the same way you would on your macbook's multitouch trackpad?

BetterTouchTool: http://blog.boastr.net/

is awesome! I've got expose and app switching set up the same way the builtin trackpad does (though 3 fingers instead of 4). pretty epic

I like the idea, but I recon it's too low. I prefer a mouse which fits to my hand, makes it more comfy.

well, yes, i have a 3D USB Optical Wheel Mouse which fits to my hand, not much smaller.

I like the idea, but I recon it's too low. I prefer a mouse which fits to my hand, makes it more comfy.

well, yes, i have a 3D USB Optical Wheel Mouse which fits to my hand, not much smaller.

I had a play with this at the Apple Store, and while I love the idea of it; it's way, way too low profile. It was almost painful to use, and felt ridiculously small. Using gestures was hard because I kept having to move my hand back or pushing it forward so that my fingers were on it, and then I had to use my thumb and pinkie to hold it steady.

Yeah, just like the low profile keyboard, once you get over the "this is weird" thing, they are much better ergonomically.

I really like the mouse - probably the only thing I'm still getting used to is the right click. Unless you get the right spot it left clicks on me which is annoying. I often right click on links so that I can open them in a new tab so when it left clicks on me I have to swipe back and retry.

Looks pretty, but is one of the worst mice i have used.

Tracking sensitivity is abysmally low (at max settings) when trying to use it with a 27" iMac or even a 21.5" iMac

It's uncomfortable to use

And $99 is just too much.

I could get TWO Logitech G5s for that.

Just got a new iMac today, must say the Magic Mouse takes some getting use to; though that might just be becuase I've been using an MX510 for nearly 3 years now.

The two finger swipe is erratic as hell, but other than that, it's pretty good.

My second set is at 74% and I use it every day. I still think softer sliders would make it a better device.

seriously. you guys need to install BetterTouchTool

It makes the mouse so much more useful.

Hell, it even has the ability to turn the surface into a multitouch trackpad!