Yeah 400W will be fine mate. Thats a good build you've done there too. Can you link me the exact ram you've chosen I just want to double check for you.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=8900

Thats the one iv been looking at mate but im buying all my hardware from PCcasegear so if you can find anything there thats better quallity and cheap would greatly appreciate it.

The function on the card in my list what does it do and what is it used for? I have no idea what it means by output you see.

But if it is essential i will get the PowerColor Radeon HD5770 1GB is that the one you advised?

Haha thats aweful mate thank you. like i said im not the biggest nerd here. :)

edited for NVM.

Edited by unsinkable86

No offence taken, I used to get called the "gigabyte gang" with a few mates in school. Even though I was the fastest runner in the school.

Nope no cons at all infact I would recommend it over the 4870 as nesquick did too. You get the update to date DX11 support ( makes games look better) and a little bit more powerful card.

Edited by mudg3

Ok iv gotten everything ready to order im very excited. I was hoping someone could tell me the reliability of this website "pccasegear" As i dont want to be scammed. :)

All in all i think its a great build and would like to thank everyone who helped me in this project.

I buy all my gear of them spent a few to many thousand $$ over the years. Probally one of the best vendors in australia.

I buy all my gear of them spent a few to many thousand $$ over the years. Probally one of the best vendors in australia.

yep im in QLD and get anything exotic from them as umart is only good for the basics, but I to have spent maybe ~$2000 there, you will find the extra you pay will be made up in customer service if you ever need to send something back for warranty.

btw I have a HD5770 to and love it, gets 18k on 3dmark 06 with my i7 860.

lol at nerds, I am a tightass so I need to keep up with all the best price/performance parts passing this knowledge onto other people gives me self worth, I don't view myself as a nerd I'm more into cars and four wheel driving to be honest its just I also like to play games and experiment with tech.

those HD4870's can not do HDMI with sound out by the way, if you need that functionality maybe look for say a HD5770 which is about $25 more but its newer tech and a little bit faster and cooler.

Wait. Why? I thought they had a Realtek HD Audio chip inside the RV770 GPU...

Pc rig:

Case - Antec three hundred case

Mobo - Gigabyte ma770t

CPU - Amd phenom II x2 545

PSu - corsair cx400 400W

Ram - Patriot PC3-10600 2x2GB DDR3

Hardrive - Seagate barracuda 7200.12 250GB

Cd drive - Sony ad7240sGB 20x DVDRW black oem

Graphics - PowerColor Radeon HD5770 1GB

Updated specs of everything now. This seems to be good from everyones suggestions.

All up that costs $831 including Insurance and GST.

Whats everyone think.. Abit more then i bargained for the budget was $700. What can ya do tho. Ill be ordering this in tomorrow when i talk to the miss's. Cant wait to see her face.. Im sure it will be priceless compared to the price ticket i gotta show her! >:P

Ok i spent alittle time studying the Graphic cards and i wanted to ask a question to anyone.

Im currently set on buying the PowerColor Radeon HD5770 1GB but with my budget would it be better to go with Gigabyte GeForce 9800GT SilentCell 1GB. It is $169 which brings the price down and it seems to have most of the specs the ATI had. Would like to know Pros and Cons. :)

You will get much better performance out of the 5770 its better on the price point for the the performance you gain. You could go for the 9800Gt but it is VERY OLD and before you know it you'll be shopping for another card again.

Everything else looks great.

You will get much better performance out of the 5770 its better on the price point for the the performance you gain. You could go for the 9800Gt but it is VERY OLD and before you know it you'll be shopping for another card again.

Everything else looks great.

I dont have much to spare for the other things such as software and i need a monitor because of the ports on the graphics card. Couple of options is get a lower priced graphics card or save. Everything listed seems to be at good price. Hmm.

Hmmm okay what screen do you want to get and software then?

Well by looking at the graphics card i can only use LCD and the cheapest i found on PCcasegear was $169. Then i need windows 7 or vista do i not? (Correct me if im wrong because if i dont need it it saves me money)

Yeah get the 22" benq it will be fine.

And windows 7

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=12847

Is that to much money for you? I can change a few things if you like.

Without the $215 Graphics card and adding the Monitor and windows 7 home it cost all up $931. I just need to get the Vid card. What can i change to limit so much cost do you think or is it if i go any lower in parts i won have a very good machine?

I personally dont think its worse going any cheaper to be honest. If you can save up a little long then it may be worth it. But what we've recommend is going to be your best bang for buck and best performance.

I personally dont think its worse going any cheaper to be honest. If you can save up a little long then it may be worth it. But what we've recommend is going to be your best bang for buck and best performance.

Ok ill have a little study tomorrow and sleep on on mate. Have a good night. :)

Ok ill have a little study tomorrow and sleep on on mate. Have a good night. :)

No worries I'll await your reply tomorrow cya mate.

You could go for the 9800Gt but it is VERY OLD and before you know it you'll be shopping for another card again.

And I'm still on my G80 based 8800GTS. I'm just so happy. :S I'm not actually.