You could go for the 9800Gt but it is VERY OLD and before you know it you'll be shopping for another card again.

And I'm still on my G80 based 8800GTS. I'm just so happy. :S I'm not actually.

You've got my cards soon though when I buy a new GPU that's if you still wanted them.

Hold on did I miss something...

HD5770's don't need just an LCD monitor, they come with a DVI to vga adapter so you can run any screen on them.

Lol yeah re reading that I did miss it. He could get a LCD monitor though..

Yeah Mudg3, I'll take them. I've got enough. :P When you're ready.

I'm getting a job in December but... So I better buy an SLi board then!

Alright im up and have been researching about all the items i have baught and trying to reduce the cost i came accros a few things.

I found another PSu APEVIA 500W Java Power Supply. Whether its crap or not i dont know but it costs $49. If it is rubbish or has more cons then pros i can forget about that and stick with the corsair. Ill let you decide.

Thats about all i can change which minuss $15.

With the monitor, Windows 7 added and all the other hardware iv already told you all comes to $1068. Thats everything so that when i get the parts i can put it all together straight away and use it.

Speaking of that Graphics card does he mean it comes with a cable that converts the port into a normal pc monitor blue port?

That could save me a few $ for now until i get more money to buy the monitor which would work out great.

Edited by unsinkable86

Blue port (VGA) Yes it will come with a adaptor.

I would get the Corsair PSU too. They are the best you can get and wont let you down

I would get the Corsair PSU too. They are the best you can get and wont let you down

I second that, you don't want to risk using a crap PSU to save a few dollars. Because the risk of it going BANG and taking other components with is not worth it.

I second that, you don't want to risk using a crap PSU to save a few dollars. Because the risk of it going BANG and taking other components with is not worth it.

Ok ill get the corsair for sure. As for the monitor ill get the LCD next months payment. the only thing i gotta wait for is this corsair PSu to be in (20/11/09)and the CPU which says its getting shipped in 24 hours. All up it cost $915 without the monitor. What a great deal for a good gaming rig. Ill order the parts tonight. Before i order them ill repost everything im getting one mroe time to make sure im getting the right hardware. By the wya can you tell me what grade of pc this will be. Mid range performance? High end? Low end? Would liek to know what you would class it. :)

Ok ill get the corsair for sure. As for the monitor ill get the LCD next months payment. the only thing i gotta wait for is this corsair PSu to be in (20/11/09)and the CPU which says its getting shipped in 24 hours. All up it cost $915 without the monitor. What a great deal for a good gaming rig. Ill order the parts tonight. Before i order them ill repost everything im getting one mroe time to make sure im getting the right hardware. By the wya can you tell me what grade of pc this will be. Mid range performance? High end? Low end? Would liek to know what you would class it. :)

IMHO it is a low end gamer but with a foot dangling in mid range waters.

IMHO it is a low end gamer but with a foot dangling in mid range waters.

The foot the graphics card lol? So do you think it can play crysis at a reasonable performance or no?

You could actually compare it to far cry since i know the engine abit better the crysis. What do you think this gamer could play performance wise. Could i turn everything up in farcry eh?

Edited by unsinkable86

Mid range performance. You'll be able to play everything without any issues

Just to be sure post everything your getting with pccasegear links or just proper model numbers.

-Corsair CX-400 400W Power Supply

-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM

-PowerColor Radeon HD5770 1GB

-Patriot PC3-10600 2x2GB DDR3 PSD34G1333KH

-Sony AD7240SGB 20X DVDRW Black OEM

-Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250GB ST3250318AS

-AMD Phenom II X2 545

-Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P Motherboard

-Antec Three Hundred Case

All i need (Want) Is the LCD but that can wait for the moment but thats everything else. The most up to date list.

If you manage to unlock the phenom it will be a mid range gamer otherwise anything dual core is kind of low end.

oh and when you get the monitor check these out http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=12310 I have 1 and they are awesome for just $230

Looks good mate ill post up in the next week or two to show you my box. Once the box is complete it should be about a week before i can get the monitor. I hope this thread stays open until i get the box, if not ill make a new one showing you guys the pictures of my build.

And about the core thing is it in any ways dangerous to try and get the other 2 cores? cause i dont want to try and then have a faulty CPU because it was fail. I will do it if worst comes to worst and im still only stuck with 2 cores. Imputs??

like I said sometimes you get lucky and its a fully functioning quad core sometimes its been disabled for a reason, all you need to do is enable the option in the bios and reboot, run prime95 on blend test for a few hours if it passes congratulations you payed $110 for a $250 chip, if it doesn't fail you can always add a tad more voltage to see if that helps.

regardless of this the ohenom II chips are pretty fast for a budget chip, faster than the intel equivalent.

Edited by nesquick

like I said sometimes you get lucky and its a fully functioning quad core sometimes its been disabled for a reason, all you need to do is enable the option in the bios and reboot, run prime95 on blend test for a few hours if it passes congratulations you payed $110 for a $250 chip, if it doesn't fail you can always add a tad more voltage to see if that helps.

regardless of this the ohenom II chips are pretty fast for a budget chip, faster than the intel equivalent.

Ok i just dont want to hurt the chip in the process. Ill get advice when i get the hardware so it doesnt confuse me. Ill be ordering the stuff tonight so if there are any final words that may be useful no matter how trivial please dont hesitate and tell me. :)

Edited by unsinkable86

I just rang pccasegear to get some advice from there stock and it seems i will get everything in the next 5 working days except the CPU and the PSu. The CPU wont come in till monday then it will be 5 days from monday for that to come in and then i have to wait till the 20/11/09 for the PSu to come in since it is currently out of stock then ill have to wait another 5 days so approximatly i shall have all this gear on the 25/11/09.

I havnt currently ordered it yet incase somethings wrong but i will be ordering it late this afternoon so before i order can i just get a couple of go/no go from you guys. (Nesquick, bowiee and mudg3) You 3 have been extremely helpful by the way 10 out of 10 for effort and help. :)

Edited by unsinkable86

I just rang pccasegear to get some advice from there stock and it seems i will get everything in the next 5 working days except the CPU and the PSu. The CPU wont come in till monday then it will be 5 days from monday for that to come in and then i have to wait till the 20/11/09 for the PSu to come in since it is currently out of stock then ill have to wait another 5 days so approximatly i shall have all this gear on the 25/11/09.

25/11 My birthdate...Double the Celebration :D We both get a Machine :D

25/11 My birthdate...Double the Celebration :D We both get a Machine :D

Friends for life :D

I havnt currently ordered it yet incase somethings wrong but i will be ordering it late this afternoon so before i order can i just get a couple of go/no go from you guys. (Nesquick, bowiee and mudg3) You 3 have been extremely helpful by the way 10 out of 10 for effort and help. :)

Did you check out Msy for a more competitive price and also to see if they have stock of what you need ? :)