No i just want to buy off one site pccasegear seems to be trusted so all should be good. PLus i dont mind waiting 20 days for a PSu. :)

No i just want to buy off one site pccasegear seems to be trusted so all should be good. PLus i dont mind waiting 20 days for a PSu. :)

Yeah just keep it all together buddy. If its your 1st time buying stuff like this. When you get all your new stuff make a new thread and post some nice pics. We should be able to give you a hand unlocking the cores if you want to do that too.

Yea all CPU's come with a heatsink and fan.

you could swap it to the black edition for $10 more you might get lucky as from memory they are better binned silicon and you will be able to overclock it easier.

Edited by nesquick

Yea all CPU's come with a heatsink and fan.

you could swap it to the black edition for $10 more you might get lucky as from memory they are better binned silicon and you will be able to overclock it easier.

what do you mean might get lucky lol? And are you talking about swapping the CPU or mobo?

AMD make black edition processors that have unlocked multipliers and usually overclock better, don't worry to much about it though.

when i say get lucky I mean unlocking one of these chips is luck of the draw most unlock successfully but some don't, its nothing bad if it doesn't it just won't run programs stable.

that doesnt sound to good lol (im just worried mate) Alittle good news tho i just ordered the case, dvdcd and the hardrive just for a safe test before i spend the rest of my money. Hope all goes well. :)

Nothing has changed.

-Corsair CX-400 400W Power Supply

-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM

-PowerColor Radeon HD5770 1GB

-Patriot PC3-10600 2x2GB DDR3 PSD34G1333KH

(Ordered) -Sony AD7240SGB 20X DVDRW Black OEM

(Ordered) -Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250GB ST3250318AS

-AMD Phenom II X2 545

-Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P Motherboard

(Ordered) -Antec Three Hundred Case

BTW i have decided to get the LCD monitor Someone suggested before i just gotta find the link im having troubles. Ill order everything else once this first order completes. :)

Found the link:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=12310

BenQ G2420HD 24in Widescreen LCD Monitor

Edited by unsinkable86

They are nice screens, you will be able to run 2 if you decide later down the track in sync ie:2840x1080 with ATI eyefinity on the 5770.

guys iv put in some thought and sorry if im goign at a different change of pace. Is there a way i can get a motherboard to crossfire two PowerColor Radeon HD5770 1GB? I want a decent gaming rig ofcoursre and work has offered me more shifts so im willing to spend abit more but not too much. I want to be able to play crysis on ultra high.

Now to do so i figure i need a mother board to crossfire with, An extra Radeon HD5770 1GB to crossfire with. My questions are these.

Will a mother board to crossfire with be costly or is there a bang for buck MoBo i can use?

Is crossfire worth the money or is there another way to spend the same amount and buy a better performance gaming rig?

I guess the only thing that will change is the Motherboard and th extra Graphcis card if i am right. In doing so will i need to upgrade my PSu?

And will crossfire make my gaming rig a mid range or high end gaming rig??

I am not changing as of yet i just want to see if an extra bit of money will greatly enchance my gaming experiance.

Oh and will cooling be an issue?

Edited by unsinkable86

why dont u just upgrade the graphics card to a HD5850 or 5870... the 5850 is a $160 price increase while the 5870 is a $250 increase.

to properly run a multi card setup your going to need a better PSU as well so its not only the board that has to change but also maybe an upgrade to something with a bit more beef.

you should be able to get away with the same PSU using a HD5850 but only just.

Will that unlcok the cores if he decides to do that?

No idea... does Gigabyte condone that sort of thing on any of they're other AMD boards... if so, I'd say it's more than likely

Will that unlcok the cores if he decides to do that?

No idea... does Gigabyte condone that sort of thing on any of they're other AMD boards... if so, I'd say it's more than likely

It works on the MA770T for sure, thats why I reccomended it to him, thats like the only AM3 mobo I know the more intimate details of.

Ok well scrap the Crossfire idea. For say an extra $100 how can i make this rig abit more effective at playing games on higher settings? Using the current build i have now.

It works on the MA770T for sure, thats why I reccomended it to him, thats like the only AM3 mobo I know the more intimate details of.

Nesquick with intimate information on AMD tech? WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO THE UNIVERSE!!?

:P

Do most LCD monitors come with a port to plug in a speaker headset??

And by the way im willing to spend abit more on the PSU. The current one corsair is not going to be in stock till the 20th i cant wait that long lol. :)

Edited by unsinkable86

Do most LCD monitors come with a port to plug in a speaker headset??

No.. just some of the ones that channel HDMI... I'm guessing

I found the right LCD nevermind.

Ok i just need the PSU thats cheap like the corsair but one that is in stock and reliable. Abit more $$ wont hurt. Can someone find me one on pccasegear.

Edited by unsinkable86