Sign in to follow this  
teffmyster

What blu-ray player should I get?

I'm not sure of the best one, but I picked up an LG combo Bluray/HD-DVD drive for $169 a couple of months ago. Using Cyberlink PowerDVD & AnyDVD HD, I have had no issues playing any movie and I didn't have to get rid of my obsolete HDDVD collection.

The model number is LG GGC-H20L.

I love LGs drives. pioneer do better burns, but LG lasts longer and seems to have better reads.

all the drives for me that 'just work' are LG's. where my pioneer is failing (long with 11 of my mates ones\LANs ones) and an old Ritech is failing too. LG has won for me.

I love LGs drives. pioneer do better burns, but LG lasts longer and seems to have better reads.

all the drives for me that 'just work' are LG's. where my pioneer is failing (long with 11 of my mates ones\LANs ones) and an old Ritech is failing too. LG has won for me.

I dunno I still doubt LG for everything. Samsung is my trusted brand, but i dont know anything about blu-ray drives.

But a PS3 is like a million dollars, and these players are only about $150. Plus you can rip to HDD with a PC drive. Can't you? I would hope so.

AnyDVD + Ripping software = win.

There are a few people around here that don't like LiteOn drives. But in my experience... they are the best drives around, they last really long... do great burns, easy to update, and are the best for watching DVD's.. even whenthey have scratches.

The DH-401S is read only Im afraid.. but can be had for $155

But as the LG with write capabilities can be had for a few dollars more, and write DVD as well, probable better to go that option.