Sign in to follow this  
Frizzl

Xbox 360 Wheels?

So, what's everybody got / used and what's recommended?

I'd freaking love something like the G25 / G27 with clutch and shifter (drool) but nothing like that seems to be available for the 360...

I'm definitely a more sim racer than arcade so the most true steering wheel I can get the better. Will also be using it on a couch (not mounting to a desk or whatever).

Would be keen to get into the Forza 3 racing series if I got all of this setup :)

Fanatec's Porsche series are the best, but you can't get them in oz. I'm afraid its the Microsoft Wheel or nothing at the moment.

I'm sure there's a way, but expect to get raped on shipping. They're not a retail product, so the only way I know of would be to get it shipped to someone you know in one of the countries they'll ship to, then ship it from there to here.

The G25 is brilliant, but it's a shame that it only works on the PC.

Doesn't the G25 work on the PS3 and/or 360 or not?

Only specifically licensed wheels work on the Xbox, sadly. So it's the Fanatec, the MS wheel, or some shitty Logitech bog standard cheapy.

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...che+&spos=1

And yeah, not even the 360 version crops up (PC/PS3 only). I was reading on the Forza community forums, Whirlpool and Neogaf about a group of committed racers looking at a group buy/import, but this was some time ago. Not sure how that went, as I believe the Porsche wheel was a fairly limited run by Fanatec.

So, as TE said, $90 for the MS wheel is about as good as it gets.

Well that's a little bit of a let down but not to worry. Elfinke, $90, where can I find it at that price :) ?

It's a goddamn shame. I've got a G25 and I'm gutted I can't use it with Forza 3, which is arguably one of the best racing sims on any format.

It's a pile of crap. I may buy one eventually, because Forza 3 is that damn good that any wheel is justified, but I'm disinclined to do so.

It's a pile of crap. I may buy one eventually, because Forza 3 is that damn good that any wheel is justified, but I'm disinclined to do so.

Yeah for the price, it hardly seems worth it. Whats the logitech one like? And is it cheaper?

The G25 (and I'm assuming the G27) works on the PC, PS2 and PS3. It does not work on the XBox 360.

It's a pile of crap.

50/50 I reckon.

Good and crap in my opinion :)

WTF?

You know that Good and Crap are antonyms? i.e. They mean the opposite of each other.

If you're going to post something, read it. Read it out loud. In fact get someone else to read it.

Whatever is going through your head when you posted that - none of us can read your mind.

Good and crap?

That just tells all of us that your opinion isn't worth reading.

The G25 (and I'm assuming the G27) works on the PC, PS2 and PS3. It does not work on the XBox 360.

It's a pile of crap.

50/50 I reckon.

Good and crap in my opinion :)

WTF?

You know that Good and Crap are antonyms? i.e. They mean the opposite of each other.

If you're going to post something, read it. Read it out loud. In fact get someone else to read it.

Whatever is going through your head when you posted that - none of us can read your mind.

Good and crap?

That just tells all of us that your opinion isn't worth reading.

I reckon his opinion is 50/50 Morris, its Good and Crap.

Either he doesn't have a proper opinion on it yet but wants to say something, or his got an opinion and doesn't know how to explain it.

No matter which one, the post as it stands says to me that it's not worth reading anymore.

Either he doesn't have a proper opinion on it yet but wants to say something, or his got an opinion and doesn't know how to explain it.

No matter which one, the post as it stands says to me that it's not worth reading anymore.

Has anything ever been worth reading from him? :P

Or just maybe he has said in as few words as possible that it has good and bad points ?

Fanatec wheel does have Aussie distributors, can't recall the name off the top of my head.

The Porsche wheel is not a limited run, there is a Clubsport edition that is on a limited 10,000 unit run.

Adjustable everything, goes for about $499. This is what I'll be getting shipped to me from some overseas friends.

Or just maybe he has said in as few words as possible that it has good and bad points ?

There's no point in saying that if you're not going to elaborate.

There's always good and bad points about everything.

Anyway yes there is a distributor for Fanatec, but I don't remember who. Used to stock 3rd party wheels at my old store in Canberra, but they weren't that good.

Fanatec wheel does have Aussie distributors, can't recall the name off the top of my head.

The Porsche wheel is not a limited run, there is a Clubsport edition that is on a limited 10,000 unit run.

Adjustable everything, goes for about $499. This is what I'll be getting shipped to me from some overseas friends.

Yeah the clubsport edition was the one I was talking about.

So, where were you for the Forza 3 race sign up? There is probably a spot if you wanna jump in?

The 360 wheel is good because it has full support for every game that is able to have this function, let alone force feedback and the ability to go wireless.

The 360 is a bit crappy because of the cheap, plastic design rather than making a nicer design to that of the G25 or G27 and they could have spiced it up a bit and could have made gear shifting like the G25 has.

Bit better? or...

@Nuke.

Do you really think your opinion towards me will stop me from posting?

Edited by index680i