Oh sweet. Though, just noticed, and I hope this isn't right. The 25gig turbo plan is still priced at 79.95 when I go to change my plan. I thought that my current plan was made cheaper since i was on a 24 month contract and had telstra for my homephone, making it 59.95 instead of what it originally was. Am I missing something here? :(

You get $10 off if you have a telstra fixed line *and* a 24-month contract. You get another $10 off if you also have a mobile/foxtel/wireless. I believe these get applied to your bill -- if not, just call up and they should fix it up.

Oh sweet. Though, just noticed, and I hope this isn't right. The 25gig turbo plan is still priced at 79.95 when I go to change my plan. I thought that my current plan was made cheaper since i was on a 24 month contract and had telstra for my homephone, making it 59.95 instead of what it originally was. Am I missing something here? :(

You get $10 off if you have a telstra fixed line *and* a 24-month contract. You get another $10 off if you also have a mobile/foxtel/wireless. I believe these get applied to your bill -- if not, just call up and they should fix it up.

wow, "2GB (excess usage charged at $0.15MB)" why do they still have that crap????????

I'm npt sure if the buggers are dicking around with stuff for the high speed cable release tomorrow, but the speed of my connection has been all over the shop today...

Mine's been fine. Perhaps you should try moving to Melbourne?

:P

The high speed plans don't come out until tomorrow. Some are known, others aren't, I'll be watching intently...

I would imagine that the "high speed" plans are just what are now called the "elite" plans, which will go from 30Mb too 100Mb for Melbourne, stay at 30Mb for Sydney, and stay at 17Mb for everywhere else. That's what I'm very much hoping at any rate -- I doubt they'd introduce a whole new tier of plans just for Melbourne (and surrounds :-P).

I would imagine that the "high speed" plans are just what are now called the "elite" plans, which will go from 30Mb too 100Mb for Melbourne, stay at 30Mb for Sydney, and stay at 17Mb for everywhere else. That's what I'm very much hoping at any rate -- I doubt they'd introduce a whole new tier of plans just for Melbourne (and surrounds :-P).

I'll make you chairman then :)

I have seem some "Ultimate" plans that specify the new high speed cable though... I'm already elite, just not ultimate :(

Edited by Mac Dude

and I'm glad that after all is said and done, I only get $10 off what I'm paying now...

Well, there you go proving me wrong MacDude.

Or, since I'm the one posting this, I guess I'm proving myself wrong.

http://www.bigpond.com/internet/plans/bund...remium-bundles/

Bigpond Cable Ultimate is only available in one of two "bundle" plans: either 50GB or 100GB. So the highest plan has half the usage allowance of the highest "slow" plan.

50 GB plan: $169/month

100GB plan: $269/month, and includes "FOXTEL from Telstra Platinum iQ"

Other than that, the bundles are the same: unlimited local and STD calls, usual home phone "premium features" (woo! Calling Number Display and Messagebank!).

What a useless fucking shitty fucking cunt of a fuck. Why even bother? So you can download movies off Bigpond's movie service at awesome speeds and crappy DVD resolution? Pfft! Bring on the NBN I say.

yeah, turns out I get no discount at all.

I can't justify paying more than $100 a month for internet.

Well, there you go proving me wrong MacDude.

you say it like it's hard...

From my skimming of the information that is all over the shop, it appears that folks like me on the 25GB Liberty plan get the benefit of now being called "Elite". Apart from that, there is no speed change or price change.

I'm on hold with Telstra at the moment. I want to know if they can change "Elite" to "Host Organism".

Of course Elite gives me "second tier" speed as you can see from the speed test I just ran : http://www.speedtest.net/result/638654114.png

That's one seventh of what it was this morning :|

EDIT : After 20 minutes with the Telstra Billing department, they told me they couldn't help me because I had too many "active services" on my account. Apparently my old dialup account was still active and attached. So, they forwarded me to the Bigpond Billing department...

EDIT II: After another 20 or so minutes with Bigpond billing, they managed to shutdown my old dialup account that hasn't been in use for years!

And there was much rejoicing!

But, they couldn't tell me about any new bundles, so they gave me another number to ring since their transfer capability wasn't working. Kinda funny for a telco I thought...

Anyway, now I'm on hold with BigPond sales...

EDIT III: Holy McFuck. After 15 minutes with this mob, they tell me they can only look at offering me the OLD plans, I have to go to another number to talk to someone about the NEW plans :/ Well at least I know how they make money from calls.

So, now I'm on hold with the NEW plan people at BigSludge. I better write down my question before I forget.

EDIT IV: Well that was only 10 minutes of hold before I got to speak to a person. But now he has to "go and get something", so it's back on hold.

Of course this is all after I chatted with a Telstra support person online last night and went into a Telstra shop today. If I give out my details one more time 50% of Telstra employees will know my birthday...

EDIT V: They better fucken hurry, I don't know that many more roman numerals!

EDIT VI : So the dude comes back FINALLY and says they can do my 25GB plan on the high speed watchamacallit, with the home phone & Foxtel Platinum for $198.

Unfortunately, it all appears as one line item on the bill, so from tax/expense purposes it aint gunna fly.

The bottom line however, Telstra will do custom plans in terms of your quota, BUT you must bundle Foxtel for them to talk turkey...

Edited by Mac Dude

I'm glad I see this as funny, because otherwise I'd be pissed off! I had a spare hour today, so I thought I'd continue my journey of discovery...

So far I have spoken to 11 different people in Telstra so far.

The good news is that I've had it confirmed that the new bundles WILL come with an itemised bill which will be hany at tax time. The bad news is that i have Foxtel on one phone line and bigpond on another, so I need to combine the two. It's taken me 45 minutes, but it looks like I'm ALMOST at the stage where we can start looking at the new offerings :-|

Being a Telstra customer is definitely more of a journey than a destination...

EDIT : Just a note, all but 2 of the people I spoke to were VERY keen to help, even though they weren't to sure of the process. So +1 to most of the folks I've been dealing with.

Edited by Mac Dude

Hey guys quick question about changing plans, I wanted to change from 12 to 25gigs for the coming holidays, and I'm paying 59.95, total. If i switched to the 25gigs, apparently i would have to pay $80 for the internet and then an extra for line rental.

The lady I spoke to said that I'd be going off my bundle if I changed plans.. Is that true? :(

I went to the Elite 50gig plan.

Gotta love 30mbps :)

I'm on the 25, I currently get close to my limit about once a year, so it's not a problem though our usage is increasing. I'm also looking at some online backup services so 25 may not be enough. Once I get moved across to the new billing system I'll look at one of the Ultimate 50GB bundles. Given what I can expense/claim on tax, it would basically end up costing me the same...

Anyone have any more info about this 100Mb thing in Melbourne? I can't find much about it anywhere. I might jump from ADSL for 100Mb...

I already have Foxtel in my home.

Anyone have any more info about this 100Mb thing in Melbourne? I can't find much about it anywhere. I might jump from ADSL for 100Mb...

I already have Foxtel in my home.

You didn't look very hard did you - it's on the front page of BigPond.com(Ultrafast Broadband link). :)

Here is the direct link. Though you need to be on the "new billing system", or you're screwed like me. If you BigPond account number is 13 digits long, you're in luck...

Edited by Mac Dude

Not currently with Bigpond.

I'm on the phone with them now.

I basically want to keep my Iprimus line and ADSL2+ and move Foxtel and add Cable by Bigpond.

I'll then lower my ADSL2+ plan on primus to something manageable.

Edit: Lots of being on hold with them while they check things. Meh.

Edit2: Wow, turns out I can't keep my IQ2 if I were to move to the bundle. I'd get an old standard IQ box. WTF Telstra. That's retarded.

Deal breaker. It's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

You can't get the 100Mb without the bundle, and I can't bundle and keep my IQ2. Why would I want to downgrade my services. Kinda annoyed now. That sort of logic does my fucking head in.

Edited by GhostWhoWalks

That's strange because when I spoke to them (which I've done about 1,000 times since the start of the month), I was told I could keep my IQ2...