That's strange because when I spoke to them (which I've done about 1,000 times since the start of the month), I was told I could keep my IQ2...

I was put on hold while he "spoke to his supervisor" and after about 5 min was told that it wasn't possible. That it would be just an IQ box. I asked if he was certain, and he said yes, that in a few months if the bundles go well they may offer the service unbundled and I could try then.

I fucking hate when there are 2 different answers to 1 question.

That's strange because when I spoke to them (which I've done about 1,000 times since the start of the month), I was told I could keep my IQ2...

I was put on hold while he "spoke to his supervisor" and after about 5 min was told that it wasn't possible. That it would be just an IQ box. I asked if he was certain, and he said yes, that in a few months if the bundles go well they may offer the service unbundled and I could try then.

I fucking hate when there are 2 different answers to 1 question.

Get used to it. Every question I asked had a number of different answers...

I use Bigpond cable and can't wait until my local exchange is ADSL2 enabled by someone other than Telstra.

Then I'll finally be able to get away from Telstra.

Two reasons,

One - Telstra on the whole have proven to be incompetent at dealing with problems/or changes to my accounts over the years. Sure there are individuals who are competent and helpful within the organization. The trick is finding them...

Two - Bigpond cable is expensive for the bandwidth allowances offered. Sure I prefer the speed and lowish latency but the return doesn't quite balance the cost.

So - it's a good (if somewhat overpriced) service with a generally lamentable customer service record in my experience.

Mac Dude - Your recent experience with the Telsta black hole of telephone customer service is exactly what I was talking about in my Above Post.

They never seem to improve..

Then when you finally get the response you need - some data entry monkey who couldn't give a damn is sure to F*&*&$ up your details in the database somehow...

Bring on another ADSL2 provider at my exchange I say.

I use Bigpond cable and can't wait until my local exchange is ADSL2 enabled by someone other than Telstra.

Then I'll finally be able to get away from Telstra.

Two reasons,

One - Telstra on the whole have proven to be incompetent at dealing with problems/or changes to my accounts over the years. Sure there are individuals who are competent and helpful within the organization. The trick is finding them...

Two - Bigpond cable is expensive for the bandwidth allowances offered. Sure I prefer the speed and lowish latency but the return doesn't quite balance the cost.

So - it's a good (if somewhat overpriced) service with a generally lamentable customer service record in my experience.

Mac Dude - Your recent experience with the Telsta black hole of telephone customer service is exactly what I was talking about in my Above Post.

They never seem to improve..

Then when you finally get the response you need - some data entry monkey who couldn't give a damn is sure to F*&*&$ up your details in the database somehow...

Bring on another ADSL2 provider at my exchange I say.

We here in Bundamba Ipswich cannot even get ADSL2 the local exchange has none according to TPG ! even though we have one of the biggest industrial parks being built (and several industries all ready there) in the Ipswich area. I found this out when trying to get ADSL 2

for my sister from TPG. (me\ hugs my old optus cable plan).

Edit: fat fingers.

Edited by bowiee