20b sigma

About the Atomic article on Forza 3...

I have something to say regarding the Atomic article in the December 2009 issue on Forza 3. I can sum all I have to say with a simple question: why have a realistic car simulator without support for a proper realistic steering wheel? Sorry but the crappy X360 ones just won't cut it and that's why I sold my X360 to buy a PS3, on which I can use my Logitech G25. The other advantage too is that I can also use the G25 on my computer!

For a car enthusiast like myself, playing Forza 3 without a realistic steering wheel is like being given a Ferrari without an engine. You can sit in it and pretend to drive it, but it's just not the same as actually taking it for a spin!

That question is better suited for the guys that made Forza 3, not the reviewer for Atomic.

But... now that you've sold your Xbox 360 for a PS3 you won't be able to play Forza 3.

The other thing is that most people find it adequate to use a controller instead of the wheel. Same with people playing Gran Turismo or any other racing series.

Yeah I'm not sold on the quality of the wheels available for the XBox 360, but not enough to convince me to sell my machine and get a more expensive one with one of the most expensive wheels available.

Another question for you - Why didn't you go for the G27 steering wheel?

I have something to say regarding the Atomic article in the December 2009 issue on Forza 3. I can sum all I have to say with a simple question: why have a realistic car simulator without support for a proper realistic steering wheel? Sorry but the crappy X360 ones just won't cut it and that's why I sold my X360 to buy a PS3, on which I can use my Logitech G25. The other advantage too is that I can also use the G25 on my computer!

For a car enthusiast like myself, playing Forza 3 without a realistic steering wheel is like being given a Ferrari without an engine. You can sit in it and pretend to drive it, but it's just not the same as actually taking it for a spin!

if you are such the enthusiast like you say, you would have sold the g25 and done everything to track down the fanatec wheel. ;)

if you are such the enthusiast like you say, you would have sold the g25 and done everything to track down the fanatec wheel. ;)

Exactly.

Troll is full of fail.

Get fanatec wheel and profit.

Alternatively, fuck off.

Forza 3 is the shit. It would continue to be so even if all we had to play it with were digital controllers.

Troll is full of fail.

Get fanatec wheel and profit.

Alternatively, fuck off.

Forza 3 is the shit. It would continue to be so even if all we had to play it with were digital controllers.

What I was trying to say is I do think Forza 3 is great but in my opinion there's no point to play it without a proper steering wheel. I bought the G25 over a year ago way before the G27 came out and I got a hefty discount on it. I'm currently saving up to buy the G27 when Gran Turismo 5 comes out. And one of the main reasons why I also prefer GT5 over Forza 3 is because you'll be able to race on the Topgear UK track and post lap times. Imagine beating the Stig's lap time!

I'm currently saving up to buy the G27 when Gran Turismo 5 comes out.

I'm fairly sure I'll be able to fly before that happens.

'

So you're saving up to buy a slightly improved version of the G25, to play a game that won't be as good as Forza 3? Well played mate. BFM already called you on your bullshit, so we're all done here mate.

As for putting a 20B in a Sigma.... what a waste of a good engine.

I've got a golf cart, wanna put an LS7 in that?

won't be as good as Forza 3?

Like you keep saying and like I'll keep saying, we will see

Anyway, I've never liked the lack of 3rd party device support for the 360 but it doesn't make Forza 3 a bad game because it doesn't support them.

At the end of the day (no pun intended) forza 3 is out, GT5 isn't and prologue is only half the representation of the full thing.

So you're saving up to buy a slightly improved version of the G25, to play a game that won't be as good as Forza 3? Well played mate. BFM already called you on your bullshit, so we're all done here mate.

I would argue that it isn't even an improved version, just a new one.

I would argue that it isn't even an improved version, just a new one.

Its improved in some aspects, more buttons on the wheel makes a nice addition.

I bought the G25 over a year ago way before the G27 came out and I got a hefty discount on it. I'm currently saving up to buy the G27 when Gran Turismo 5 comes out.

Fair enough. Your first post read to me that you sold the XBox 360 and bought a PS3 and G25.

Gran Turismo 5 has a LOT to live up to. In the time it's taken them to not release the game yet, Forza 2 and 3 have come out, along with 4 versions of Need For Speed (Pro-Street, Undercover, Shift and Nitro), 3 different models of the PS3 (original 60GB models, the 40/80GB cut down model, the 120/250GB PS3 slim) and 4 versions of the PSP.

If it's not out soon, it's going to be the next vapourware game after Duke Nukem.

For now, I'm going to play Forza 3. Because it's actually available now.

Are the extra buttons on the wheel worth the AU$499 price tag?

Actually I'm pretty sure the entire Forza series has been released since GT4. Lets do some checking. We'll take the Euro date of March 9th 2005 for GT4 that's the latest one. Forza 1 on the original Xbox released on May 3rd. So not counting the paid demo of GT: Prologue or the limited edition GT: Online (which seems to have only seen action in Japan and other parts of Asia.) the entire Forza series has been released between full Gran Turismo titles and arguably over taken it. Just another sign of Japanese developers struggling to remain relevant.

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forza_Motorsport

Edited by Aki54

Forza 3 is the shit.

Well, we don't know until GT5 comes out aye ;)

Actually, we do know since it's not out yet.

At the moment, Forza 3 is the shit.

Forza 3 is the shit.

Well, we don't know until GT5 comes out aye ;)

Yes we do.

Forza 3 is released. GT5 isn't. For now, Forza 3 is the shit.

Edit: Fuck, what morris said. :P

Edited by Girvo

I get that Forza 3 is released.

But having GT5 still in works how can you say GT5 is shit? If that's what your currently thinking.

And I am not saying that Forza is crap because I simply enjoyed Forza 2 a lot.

But having GT5 still in works how can you say GT5 is shit? If that's what your currently thinking.

Who said that GT5 is shit? Name us.

Index: No one said GT5 is shit, we said Forza 3 IS the shit (meaning it rocks). It seems the vast majority of reviewers out there agree with that consensus.

Lets hope GT5 isn't like it was on the PSP (i.e. crap).

Who said that GT5 is shit? Name us.

lol I said if some where thinking, I did not exactly point fingers ;)

Edit.

I was meant to say *If some where thinking. My bad.

Edited by index680i

That's a masive jump in logic.

People think Forza 3 is awesome, therefore they might be thinking that GT5 is shit! I've got to clear that up right away!!!!

Looks like the alarm in SDF HQ is set a little sensitive. index came running to defend GT5 the moment someone even mentioned it, even if it wasn't particularly under attack.

Edited by The End

[

Are the extra buttons on the wheel worth the AU$499 price tag?

Dont be stupid. Besides, its not what I was implying, there are some nice new additions, one of which I listed, but I never said it was worth upgrading from a G25, nor did I say the price was good. No Logitech product is worth its retail price.