Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
murasame2006

Psu 4870 Crossfire

Hey,

I plan to run HD4870 in crossfire set up with Q6600 on Gigabyte DS4, I will be using Antec Truepower 650W. Will this be sufficient to for a stable crossfire system, I plan to use 1 PCIe connector on each card then use 4 molex connectors for the other two PCIe by using adaptors.

Anyone know if this will work

Apparently a corsair 620w will run hd4870 xfire with no problems, but the Antec comes with a case ended up cheaper

TruePower ... Why does that ring a bell as OEM and shitey?

A PSU is the most important part of the system, you don't want to skimp out on it, if anything.

Get it right the first time, better to be safe than sorry :-)

FB, I have a Truepower PSU and it's been stable ever since i bought it since 2004...Mind you that it is the v2.0 that I have.

@murasame, I do feel that it is fine but I'd get the Corsair HX 620 as it is modular and possible more future proof than the Truepower...

Hey guys i need help atm setting up the card

currently i have a corsair hx620 psu, with hd4870x2 card

i noticed a 6pin connector on the video card, i plug a cable from the psu to the video card,

then theres the 8pin connector on the video card, i only have a 6pin connector with some weird 2pin connector attached to the side of it.....do i plug this into the video card also?

Hey guys i need help atm setting up the card

currently i have a corsair hx620 psu, with hd4870x2 card

i noticed a 6pin connector on the video card, i plug a cable from the psu to the video card,

then theres the 8pin connector on the video card, i only have a 6pin connector with some weird 2pin connector attached to the side of it.....do i plug this into the video card also?

Yeah, that's probably the one you're after, assuming it has PCI-E or PCIe written somewhere on it. PCIe/-E (PSU manufacturers differ in how they label their plugs) refers to PCI Express, which is the type of interface that the 4870x2 card uses.

The reason for having the splitter is that it allows for use of this one as a 6 pin also (the 6pin section is electrically identical to the other 6-pin cable). Some graphic cards implement 2x 6pin plugs instead of 1x6 and 1x8.

After some research I wouldnt get the hx620 for the HD4870 xfire or X2

probably would go up to a at least 700W+ psu for the quad core 4870 set up

hx 620 would probably be good for a hd4850 xfire set up

HX620 can handle 4870 CF...

You need to stop looking for threads you can post in to get your post count up please.

I did ask nicely before via PM, but maybe you missed it so hopefully you will see this.