Chazzozz

WinMo vs Android vs iPhone vs ?

So, the iPhone's hardware isn't good because it lacks a memory card reader then? Makes sense.

Yeah thats one thing! Plus its horrible becuase its round.

import a HTC hero from the US, like Telus, so it works on the next g frequency. I love the android platform but I guess thats because google owns my life!

import a HTC hero from the US, like Telus, so it works on the next g frequency. I love the android platform but I guess thats because google owns my life!

Erm...Telus is Canadian.

Plus, there's no guarantee anything will work on 'the next G frequency' (I'm assuming you're referring to Telstra's Next G network?) because they use different frequency bands in North America. Like I pointed out above, ensure the phone you're importing uses the same frequencies as those here in Australia, or you'll end up with a CDMA phone (which won't work at all) or a GSM/EDGE phone (which will work, but will be awfully slooooowwww....).

Actually, Telus have recently started up a HSDPA network on the 850mhz band if I recall correctly.

Man you are like a dog with a bone there hill, you take *one word* and turn it into the subject for your every argument. So say I replace the word "smashes" with the word "bests". And let's say that "bests" means "can outperform by a discernible and not insignificant margin".

Where do you stand now?

HTC HD2 hardware > iPhone 3GS hardware.

Go.

Is that like a few years ago, when Intel 3.x GHz CPU's > Athlon 2.x GHz CPU's?

Except they didn't so AMD changed their naming conventions to reflect their performance based on Intel's clock speeds.

Is that sort of what you mean?

A device is the sum total of it's parts and how it works in the real world, a combination of software and hardware.

Why don't you get the fanboi bait, troll ball rolling.

The links I've already posted have already covered these area's.

After you...

Man you are like a dog with a bone there hill, you take *one word* and turn it into the subject for your every argument. So say I replace the word "smashes" with the word "bests". And let's say that "bests" means "can outperform by a discernible and not insignificant margin".

Where do you stand now?

HTC HD2 hardware > iPhone 3GS hardware.

Go.

Edited by hill60606

Personally, I'd put the sheer hardware of the HD2 on a par with the 3GS. I think however that that is because the 3GS has a better camera, and comparable speed, but the HD2 has a better screen (resolution and size) with the small (in my opinion) exception of being 65k.

What, you haven't figured out how to click the link where the benchmarks are published?

Well there's this thing called the Internet you see and you find it on computers and mobile phones, a lot of it is made in a language called html.

HTML has a thing called a link, hovering your mouse over this link and clicking will lead you to another site where you can see where the results of things like benchmarks are published.

Why don't you try it now, hover your mouse pointer over the link (it's the green writing on the next line) and give it a left click.

This is a link, click here.

What you should see is:-

Apple iPhone 3G S 821 Frames 320 x 480 2009.09.09

HTC T8585 HD2 406 Frames 480 x 800 2009.11.14

Now if you need any more help with using the Internet, let me know, I'm always glad to help out a novice.

Still haven't seen the bench marks run..

Edited by hill60606

hill60606, it's people like you that tarnish the reputation of the Apple community. Any other platform advocate would strive to prove their point by running benchmarks and analysing their findings. You're satisfied with outdated results, based on a single source. I personally don't care about either phone. I do care when people refuse to openly share information.

Disappointing.

Apple iPhone 3G S 821 Frames 320 x 480 2009.09.09

HTC T8585 HD2 406 Frames 480 x 800 2009.11.14

I think your getting well carried away with trying to prove the iphone is better, in my opinion the iphone and hd2 arnt a match at all.

Fair enough the Iphone is a great phone and toy and it might perform really smooth out of the box as well, but there are many things that fail to match up to the hd2 and not just on a hardware level.

Software wise you are very limited by what you can do with the iphone compared with Winmo, yes i will agree the iphone looks smarter but to me they are both butt ugly OS's, application wise for business use and versitility i think the winmo os is the winner hands down, there is no need to go into all the specifics but for the sheer ease of compatability with networking, data blocking/opening and document processing the list could go on.... the winmo is alot nicer to have (im not saying easier to use).

Both the phones mentioned above are great peices of kit, file storage shouldnt come into the battle as the iphone with 32gb is great and i couldnt see my self using all that, but with nearly all other non apple smartphones these days file storage can go way beyond the iphone, for example my old Samsung omnia had 8gb inbuilt and a slot for micro sd.....

I think its not right to battle these phones as in my eyes i dont see the iphone as being a suitable business phone and tho the hd2 tries to be the do it all multimedia phone like the iphone its still just a business phone in some fancy party clothes.

These are just my opinions and im not saying anybodies wrong i just think the iphone is a teenagers play thing and the Winmo phones as business end with benefits.

Have i gone anywhere with this...... i got no idea now hahaha sorry. =S

The HTC result is from 5 weeks weeks ago, run on the 14th November 2009.

WTF?

Why are you demanding that I modify my personal property to satisfy the whims of some fanboy who is too lazy to click a link and accept a PUBLISHED RESULT.

It's chalk and cheese to say one lot of hardware is better than another in the way it's been done in this thread was nothing but trolling...

....apples and oranges Holden & Ford, Intel & AMD etc, etc, etc this whole thing started with an inflammatory trolling statement, that apparently labels one as a fanboy if one disagrees.

Feel free to link to any other benchmarks you want from as many sources as you want, such as this performance:-

http://www.fiercedeveloper.com/pages/what-...r#ixzz0Zqo7jJXL

hill60606, it's people like you that tarnish the reputation of the Apple community. Any other platform advocate would strive to prove their point by running benchmarks and analysing their findings. You're satisfied with outdated results, based on a single source. I personally don't care about either phone. I do care when people refuse to openly share information.

Disappointing.

Edited by hill60606

Software wise you are very limited by what you can do with the iphone compared with Winmo, yes i will agree the iphone looks smarter but to me they are both butt ugly OS's, application wise for business use and versitility i think the winmo os is the winner hands down, there is no need to go into all the specifics but for the sheer ease of compatability with networking, data blocking/opening and document processing the list could go on.... the winmo is alot nicer to have (im not saying easier to use).

Sorry, but even as a long-time WinMo user, when it comes to Windows Mobile, "ease" and "networking" don't belong in the same sentence together.

The way it's configured is just stupid.

Sorry, but even as a long-time WinMo user, when it comes to Windows Mobile, "ease" and "networking" don't belong in the same sentence together.

The way it's configured is just stupid.

I never had any problems with networking in winmo, infact i would only have to walk near a unsecure wireless connection and it would connect me, I found this great as i could snoop around on others networks, i know winmo isnt somthing ppl would think as easy but there are some things i think it does alot easier than others. The fact that you can have a windows file explorer is somthing i couldnt go without when communicating over the network.

Also this was just a stupid play thing but i also could remote into my pc, a massive pain to use on a tiny screen but i spose a pretty strong feature to some.

I'm bowing out of this one. If I get time I might borrow a friends phone and see if I can do some tests, otherwise I don't care enough to argue anymore.

Enjoy your phones peeps.

I never had any problems with networking in winmo, infact i would only have to walk near a unsecure wireless connection and it would connect me, I found this great as i could snoop around on others networks, i know winmo isnt somthing ppl would think as easy but there are some things i think it does alot easier than others. The fact that you can have a windows file explorer is somthing i couldnt go without when communicating over the network.

Also this was just a stupid play thing but i also could remote into my pc, a massive pain to use on a tiny screen but i spose a pretty strong feature to some.

You're right, but WiFi is about the only thing it does "right".

As soon as you have ActiveSync involved and you start to mess around with "This connection connects to: (Work/The Internet/WAP network/etc)" and all that rubbish, it goes south pretty quick.

Once it's working it's OK, but it's more complicated than it needs to be.

That said, maybe it's better in WM6.5, my Moto Q9h only has WM6.1.

6.5 fixed all my network woes. Connects to an exchange server with no issues, WiFi takes precedence, etc. Works a charm.

6.5 fixed all my network woes. Connects to an exchange server with no issues, WiFi takes precedence, etc. Works a charm.

That's good to know. Cheers for that.

Lolwut fanboy Hills.

All Im saying is I want you to do the bench mark on your phone. I dont believe every link some one posts and nor should you.

Hillls for the love of God learn how to quote properly!!!

Annoying to read!!

Yes, I enjoyed many lolz where he condescended to a mod (Cyber, man, I hear you) and lectured about how to use the internet, but cannot use the quote function properly

Oh and uh, read the source you linked above, from this URL:

http://www.fiercedeveloper.com/pages/what-...r#ixzz0Zqo7jJXL

The graph is about sales volume, there is no benchmark there lol

And you *still* (and this is truly remarkable) have not grasped the point I made above, where Chainfire (from XDA) published drivers of his own that outperform the official HTC ones by enormous margins, and then, notably, Chainfire's driver configuration outperforms the iPhone 3GS by small margins in some aspects of the GLBenchmark test, and trails by slim margins in others... Not bad for something some guy put together in his Mum's basement, huh

I cannot think of how to restate this point in any other way, please try to understand the point... in GLBenchmark, Chainfire has proven that there is a lot more potential performance available in the HD2 that is simply inaccessible because of HTC's shitty drivers, and shows again that a strong community of active developers is a massive asset to any phone, and moreover that the hardware is capable of far better results than the "published" benchmarks would suggest

Is that clear enough? Others, am I being opaque here?

That's good to know. Cheers for that.

Yes my experience is the same, even after flashing 6.5 onto my HD I found that networking was much improved over the stock ROM, I noted faster wifi fixes, precedence over HSDPA/3G data worked properly, exchange was more reliable etc. etc.

I prefer this way, the new comment at the top so you don't have to read through the same thing for the umpteenth time, yet a quick glance down shows the comment being replied to.

Hillls for the love of God learn how to quote properly!!!

Annoying to read!!

But then we (kinda) know what the hell you're talking about. What you're refferring to anyway.

Trust me it's better. Just snip most of the content out if you have to.