Sign in to follow this  
unsinkable86

Blue screen and overclocking

I sent him there the other night for GPU drivers. I'd be almost inclinded to do a reinstall. Only takes 30 minutes.

My goodness my fustration is at a peak . I baught cod WaW today and boy dont buy this game anyone. Its a disc full of errors and you cant even play the single player for goodness sakes.

Pc keeps crashing also. I had a look at the occt and memtest but i dont understand how to download either one or use them. I really want want to find the problems so it stops crashing its not normal. Can you try and make it clear what i have to do again?

Google Skills mate, almost every problem you can imagine has been documented somewhere.

The best way to learn about tech and how to resolve issues is to use teh google skills and learn, that way you may well be able to help someone else one day.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying this to be a cunt, it's just that the kind people such as mudg, sceptre and ness have put allot of time into this project so far, there is nothing worse than a new PC not doing what it needs to but chill and kick back, and while you kick back do some research on what you don't know.

Start with typing questions into google, eg: "how does memtest work?" or "how do I download a file from the internet?"

or "how do I download a file from the internet?"

Lol ok ill get back to yas, I downloaded the ati driver to and installed it. When i play farcry everythings good till i choose my character and then press play. First level loads up for about 2 seconds and it just goes straight to the desktop.. I dont even see a black screen i dont think eh. Il lsee if anyone else has the same problems.

Just had a good read and it seems farcry 2 isnt compatible with windows 7. Well thats sorted.

No its does work becuase I've had windows 7 for somtimes now and it works fine. reinstall it or as I said reinstall your OS and start from scratch.

I failed to mention, Iv just tryed reinstalling it and i got an arror for both of them. But i just cli8cked ignor and it completed anyways. Maybe this is why its failing:

(Insert file directory) doesn't match the file in the setup.cab

The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupt.

I can ignor it and it installs fine but i cant play the game beyond the main menu.

Sounds silly I know, but you did hook up the power to the video card yes ?

Just to make that clear yes lol. I put if i remember a 6 pined cable into the back and the other end went into one fo the ports on the Psu. Th o i do remember on the 6 pin side that goes int othe vid card there were 2 extra pins on a little cable i dont know if they were ment to go into it tho (Dont think theres a port for them)

Thats all correct?

Heres another thing if it helps which further more makes it look like a GPU problem. It takes me usually 1 out of 5 trys to play multiplayer on codwaw. Last 2 times iv gotten in within the first 10 seconds it crashes and all these colourful lines go from the top of my screen to the bottum from left to right. I have to restart the pc when this happens.

Ill google it see if anyone has the same problem.

Sounds silly I know, but you did hook up the power to the video card yes ?

Just to make that clear yes lol. I put if i remember a 6 pined cable into the back and the other end went into one fo the ports on the Psu. Th o i do remember on the 6 pin side that goes int othe vid card there were 2 extra pins on a little cable i dont know if they were ment to go into it tho (Dont think theres a port for them)

Thats all correct?

Yep 6 pin plug is right. I would also remove and reseat the video card just to be sure. But as has been suggested maybe starting from scratch by reinstalling windows, then installing all updates for windows, then installing the latest drivers for you card may be less painful than continuing to try and trouble shoot the problem.

EDIT: Oh it sound like you may indeed have a faulty video card.

Edited by bowiee

Faulty vid card what because of the lines? Does pccasegear have warrenties lol. It plays farcry maxed out tho shouldnt that tell us its ok? The lines did happen once without a game tho. Was browsing the net. =/

Yeah, that doesn't sound too good. Did you run the OCCT GPU test like Nesquick suggested?

What exactly do i do now friend?

Posted Image

Ok i did a CPU test by accident but i suppose i should do one anyways. I used farcry 1 for a refference. When i started playing the game was say laggy? MY fps was crap i could tell when i moved my mouse it would ag along. But keep in mind it was still playable. Must of been the test using alot of the CPU perhaps? I have the test results on like 7 different pictures.

Now when i did the GPU test i would play for 5 mins say and then it would spazm and a big picture with multipule OCCT logos pops up saying ESC. I esc and the test has stopped and results are in.

I dont know why but i have a feeling its not good?

Edited by unsinkable86

You dont want to be be playing games when you do the tests. Just leave it run.

You dont want to be be playing games when you do the tests. Just leave it run.

Oh iv got it all wrong then, 1 hour should be sufficent?

Does it have to be in a full window? i cant do anything whilst it goes in full window is all.

You don't want to be doing other things whilst it's doing it's thing. You just have to tie your hands together and let the test finish. Edited by SceptreCore

Ok ill do it early in the morning and ill post it up first thing. Codwaw is begging me to kill noobs who think there L337. =)

I just wish I was there to help you diagnose your PC mate... it's the last thing anyone wants after building a new rig.

Ok ill do it early in the morning and ill post it up first thing. Codwaw is begging me to kill noobs who think there L337. =)

I just wish I was there to help you diagnose your PC mate... it's the last thing anyone wants after building a new rig.

Yeh its a bummer scept but the bright side atleast is i will learn a thing or two eh. Im doing the diagnostic test now should be up in an hour and 10 mate.

Could very well be RAM. Download, burn, and run Memtest86+.

I did as you said but im getting an error when i try and boot it.

Invalid public key security object file

this file is invalid for use as the following: security catalog.

i must of burned it wrong?

Edited by unsinkable86