• Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
    • Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
    • Dragon Age Origins
    • New Super Mario Bros
    • Forza 3
    • Fifa 10
    • GTA: Chinatown Wars
    • Others

Yeah, the sniper level is regarded by many as one of the best missions in COD4, along with the AC130 one.

And quite a few also prefer the SAS portion of the campaign, compared to the US part.

No, see that's the thing, I think he is still loyal to the United States, but the "blank cheque" that's handed to him means that he can pursue some sort of long held dream of being a standout war hero to the people, wiping out the terrorists and restoring world peace, just like the good ol' days. At least, that's what I understood, between all the snazzy fast action cuts and being shot at vigorously.

I was looking forward to a possible assassination mission though of makarov like the one for Zakhaiev in COD4 where you crawl through all manor of radiation and crap on the ground to get a good sniping spot which was a shame because I really liked that mission.

Batman Arkham Asylum

Street Fighter 4

Tough choice, but in the end....

Batman Arkham Asylum. Game Of The Fucking Year.

My thoughts exactly.

To be more clear, I'm going to break it down by platform.

Wii: House of the Dead: Overkill.

Don't get me wrong - New Super Mario Bros is great fun, but House of the Dead is giving the older gamers something to play. The guns in the Bang Bang edition of the game are the best I've used (I have 9 different guns for the Wii. 11 in total). And to think that a Wii game has the Guiness World Record for the most swearing in a video game (189 occurrences of the word fuck)

Nintendo DS/DSi: Scribblenauts

Absolutely mindblowing concept. Anything you can think of (that's not trademarked, vulgar or alcohol related) is more than likely to be in the game.

One level asked me to give the doctor something he needs for his job. I wrote "Sphygmomanometer" and it appeared (blood pressure cuff). Same one wanted something for the policeman. I gave him a donut and won the level. Just to see if it's there I tried Ankylosaurus. Yes. Want a friggin' shark with friggin' lasers? Write "shark", then "laser gun" and put it on it's head. BTW a dingo will eat a baby.

Honourable mention: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box.

PSP: ...

Nothing has impressed me this year.

PS2: Singstar series

Hate to admit it, it's still popular. And I hate karaoke

Xbox 360, PS3 and PC: Batman: Arkham Asylum

I combined all three because it's available on all of them.

The game is fantastic. Great voice acting (Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy and Arleen Sorkin are outstanding), hand-to-hand combat is fluid, the silent takedowns and the range of gadgets are exactly how I see Batman taking out his opponents. I laughed along with the Joker, and giggled like an excited schoolgirl when I saw references to villians I knew.

Honourable mentions: XBox 360 and PS3: Street Fighter IV. Singlehandedly reignited interest in the fighting genre. I own it on XBox 360, PS3 and PC. Also the reason why a lot of gamers suddenly wanted to buy or build their own arcade stick. I know I did. For some time Sanwa parts were not available because of the high demand. Not only that there's now a documentary being made on the fighting game tournaments around the US and hopefully worldwide tournaments too. It's called I Got Next. Watch it.

PC: Empire Total War. Never got a chance to play it, but I can respect what everyone has said here. Great to see some games are still PC exclusive.

(btw Assassin's Creed 2 is due around March next year for PC)

Overall: Batman: Arkham Asylum.

As much as I love Street Fighter IV, Batman is a very polished game.

Actually, as far as voice acting, Modern Warfare 2 does redeem itself here.

The bloke who played Don Beech in 'The Bill' is Captain Price (I always thought he sounded familiar), and Kevin McKidd is Mactavish (played Tommy in 'Trainspotting', Jezz Torrent in 'GTA: Vice City', Lucious Vorenus in 'Rome'), amongst others.

Edited by Mademan

The music is very good as well, done by Hans Zimmer.

The bloke who played Don Beech in 'The Bill' is Captain Price (I always thought he sounded familiar), and Kevin McKidd is Mactavish (played Tommy in 'Trainspotting', Jezz Torrent in 'GTA: Vice City', Lucious Vorenus in 'Rome'), amongst others.

and your invincible army captain (the black guy foley or something) has done voice overs for so many things I have lost count.

He's also the Iman in Pitch Black - David Keith, I think. Great character actor.

You mean Keith David? From:

Posted Image

?

I heard him talk and was like ZOMG! It's Childs, he made it!!

Actually his real name is Keith David Williams, 3 first names, which is like guaranteed coolness like James Earl Jones. :-P

He is also the "Arbiter" from Halo 2 & 3. And he is Vhailor from Planescape: Torment.

You guys think I'm a freak, I know :P

I guess depends on whether it's the PC or Console version in question.

COD4 on PC is probably the best of the 3 platforms back then, but MW2 is kind of different, PC is probably the worst of the 3, still an above average game nevertheless.

Lets vote for COD:MW2 for GOTY lolz

Let's not...

As quite a few of you voted for ETW, I actually went to EB yesterday and bought a copy as part of their Christmas sale ($50). Hopefully I will enjoy the game. But just after it came out earlier this year, I did hear the initial release is kind of buggy and unstable... not sure about the current situation after numerous patches.

Batman.

Honorable mentions: FIFA 10, Street Fighter IV.

I'll probably check out E:TW based on this thread.

well MW2 is off my ballot, fucking thing is too laggy and buggy. I won't be buying anything from IW ever again.

E:TW FTW it looks like. Fingers crossed for the Napoleon XP.

Whoever keeps voting for Dragon Age to tie up the scores when Empire pulls ahead needs to cut it out :P Empire deserves the win.