Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Guest MrInsaneBuff

I hate my big feet

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Have spent this morning shoe shopping as my lynx runners have finally fallen apart after 18 months constant wear. I hate shoe shopping because no one ever carriers my size (13) or if they do its a shitty looking shoe which you couldnt ever call fashionable and just barely covers the requirement of functional.

After going to three different westfields and about 10 or 11 shoe shops i have come away with bugger fuck all. Also it seems that its a universal trait of the slaes staff to try and squeeze my foot into a size 12. Like magically my foot has shrunk since they measured it when they didnt believe i really was a size 13. Well if they even bothered to measure it that is.

I have had to resort to ordering shoes in. But untill they do what am i sposed to do walk arround fucking barefoot everywhere?

I have a pair of dress shoes, italian, venice leather. They cost me 400 odd canadian back in janurary last year so think 550ish Aussie. I wear them only on special occasions. There is no way i can wear them for the 3-5 days these orders are gonna take to come in. But they literally are the only pair of shoes i own other than the shoes i have sitting at work which are dress shoes too.

Fucking giant feet. I HATE YOU!!!

Im off to Home hardware to buy some duct tape.

Well atleast when you're ordering online, you can get whatever shoe you like. Right? :D

And why not wear flip flops till your ordered pair get here?

I'm 11 wide, but short of expensive shoe shops, you'd never find em, so I just get 12s.

I feel your pain :( I've been trying to find some nice casual shoes that also have good support for over a year now. I don't want anything that looks like a runner, or is too white or had a big fat logo on the side of the shoe, or any of those sandal/runner looking shoes or anything like that. Just a casual, practical shoe that is kind to my feet. And when I finally do find something I like and it fits the requirements, it never fits my bloody foot! Even when it's supposed to be in my size :(

Shoe shopping sucks. Unless you're shopping for heels, then it's fun :)

I have found only one shoe from one retailer that works. I like a plain black runner, they used to be common, but not any more.

I have found only one shoe from one retailer that works. I like a plain black runner, they used to be common, but not any more.

Dunlop Volleys come in black.

I feel your pain. Try being a Size 6. Exactly the same problem. When I was a kid, shops stocked men's shoes as low as Size 5. Then at some point the 5's vanished, but 'that's okay' I told myself, I'm a 6 and I can still find them most places. But oh no, not any more. The smallest men's size generally available these days is 7. Which is exactly one size too big for me.

When I go shoe shopping, I usually spend all day, visit a dozen shops, try on several dozen shoes and also come away with bugger fuck-all. And the sales staff, when they're not giving me a blank look, keep suggesting I try the children's section. "So," I ask, "Do they have these types of shoes in children's sizes?", to which the answer is invariably "No." Well then WhyTF did you suggest it FFS??

So if I ever do find a shoe I love because it fits properly, I buy two pairs. The one and only time in the last 10 years I have had a good shoe shopping experience was in China. Asians have small feet, like me.

They are my preferred, as most other shoes cut through a Skin Graph on my foot.

Though It's a real shame they changed the compound of the sole, they are no where as good a roofing shoe as the once were.

Though It's a real shame they changed the compound of the sole, they are no where as good a roofing shoe as the once were.

That's what I use them for too.

The last black pair a bought seemed to be better than they have been lately though.

Really?

I'm up for a new pair now. I do think there is a difference between the regular ones sold and the "Classics" range. The Classics being a bit better.

A what on your foot?

Edited by 1shot1kill

Guest MrInsaneBuff

HA HA!!!

Just got got a call from one of the stores i visited today. They found some discontinued stock in size 13's. Because it wasnt any of their current range they didnt think to look at the discontinued stock while i was there.

Im off to buy them now. I dont care if they are fluro orange and have footy spikes. Im having them!

A what on you foot?

Im thinking its a tatoo on his foot with an X and Y axis. Either that or he meant to say Graft.

Edited by MrInsaneBuff

A what on you foot?

*sigh*

One of these, mate :)

Posted Image

But untill they do what am i sposed to do walk arround fucking barefoot everywhere?

I don't mean to be (too much of) a smart arse, but given that you know how difficult it is to find shoes, perhaps what you're supposed to do is go shoe shopping before your current shoes fall to pieces? :P

That being said, glad to hear that it sounds like you found a pair :)

Rob.

my partner has size 13 feet, he's picked up some lucky buys at time, brown leather shoes at an op shop for $12, leather boots for $50, generally has good luck at the shops/factory outlest off smith street melbourne