Guest MrInsaneBuff

I hate my big feet

I love having more common sized feet. Didn't realise it til now.

How'd you manage to make a pair of runners last that long? My Asics don't last much more than 3-4 months, and I only wear them for running!

I hate your big feet too!

I was going to say the same thing. But judged it too lame :P

Rob.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

I'm a size 14. Cry more.

Where do you go to buy your shoes?

Seriously, i need to find mor place's that cater to people with flippers for feet.

Regarding the op's first paragraph....

That's simple, get two pairs of shoes and allways wear a different pair on consecutive days.

That way your sweat, which creates an acid will have a chance to dissipate between wearings, allowing for two pairs of shoes to last upto 5 years.

I've been doing it for ages. And never mind fashion, comfort and hi-gene is imperative.

You won't have the acid build up destroying the glue in your shoes.

Edited by GlennsPref

If it makes you feel any better I am a size 14 and occasionally end up buying 13's in the hope that they will stretch over time because I can't find 14's

One of my mates is a huge Samoan and he has size 17's, no word of a lie, there's a pic of him with me on my profile page, the poor guy has to pay $300-400 for custom skate shoes from the US and they usually take a good month to get here. I can actually put my smallest pair of shoes inside his if I try. (Yeah I was drunk)

I'm a size 14. Cry more.

Seriously, i need to find mor place's that cater to people with flippers for feet.

Also size 14US/13 UK. I find DFO is decent, most of last years style shoes end up there. Because there's not much competition in the >13 range, if a shoe manufacture makes a shoe large enough, you can usually find it.

Most other stores will allow you to special order particular styles if you ask, and I typically have no problem getting construction or hiking style boots. The only things that I can't find anywhere in my size are volleys, uggboots or gumboots. Not that big of an issue.

13/14 here, sometimes a 12 if its a skate style wide cut.

Good score the other day though, pair of mean Globes from the surf/skate shop over the road for $60 bux and size 13's... Awesome... Gotta love new season clearance specials

Trust "OneShot" to mention the most absolute path, true dowism (Toaism)

You can do more and achieve more with the same effort.

Trust me!

Toa Te Ching, look it up! (Stan Rosenthal is who i have read most)

*(Warning*) RANT) The Toa Te Ching is non religeous, and follows the natural progression of the beings.

my 2c,

don't ask me, ask yourself.

regards Glenn

I'm glad I have size 11/12 feet. It seems that it's common enough for stores to stock, but not too common that the shoes are all gone.

Workmate today was telling me about his trouble finding size 15 shoes. He always has them ordered in for him.

I got a pair of these not too long ago. The Sprint ones.

Have spent this morning shoe shopping as my lynx runners have finally fallen apart after 18 months constant wear. I hate shoe shopping because no one ever carriers my size (13) or if they do its a shitty looking shoe which you couldnt ever call fashionable and just barely covers the requirement of functional.

After going to three different westfields and about 10 or 11 shoe shops i have come away with bugger fuck all. Also it seems that its a universal trait of the slaes staff to try and squeeze my foot into a size 12. Like magically my foot has shrunk since they measured it when they didnt believe i really was a size 13. Well if they even bothered to measure it that is.

I have had to resort to ordering shoes in. But untill they do what am i sposed to do walk arround fucking barefoot everywhere?

I have a pair of dress shoes, italian, venice leather. They cost me 400 odd canadian back in janurary last year so think 550ish Aussie. I wear them only on special occasions. There is no way i can wear them for the 3-5 days these orders are gonna take to come in. But they literally are the only pair of shoes i own other than the shoes i have sitting at work which are dress shoes too.

Fucking giant feet. I HATE YOU!!!

Im off to Home hardware to buy some duct tape.

Dont be such a tightarse. I've got 13.5 sized feet, and find that depending on style i can squeeze into a 13 in some shoes, but generally prefer a 14 or 15 if an american shoe.

In my wardrobe i currently have shoes by DC, Vans, Etnies, Nike, Adidas, and more than a couple of pairs of Chuck Taylors. Aside from that i have a couple of pairs of dress shoes and boots. Of those, only 3 pairs were bought in the USA. The rest were bought here.

My advise? Dont fucking shop at kmart for your shoes. Lynx? I didn't realise people wore them outside of cheap school runners. And stay away from discount or outlet stores, as i've found they *might* have your size (because of it being considered an "odd" size). Go to places like foot locker, athletes foot etc, and get decent shoes.

I used to hate shoe shopping when i was a tightarse about it. When i accepted that i'd need to spend a reasonable amount of money on shoes (rarely pay less than 50 bux a pair, and usually those are the discounted shoes at Pauls Warehouse), i never had dramas finding a decent pair of shoes that fit.

Plus i have a fair idea of the places you go and shop for shoes, the westfield you mention - that'd be hurstville, no?

I can walk in to the same westfield, buy 2 pairs of shoes for less than $150, and walk out within 20 minutes.

Edited by Juggalo Scrub

13 isn't that big really.... I know quite a few sport stores here stock up to a size 17 easily. I often have trouble getting a quality shoe to fit my foot.. I am a ladies size 10 1/2... so I do know what you mean. A few times I have actually resorted to wearing a man's running shoe cos my foot is not only long.. its reasonably wide as well... how I regret my childhood years of living as nature intended.. BAREFOOT :P mind you... I could run over a bindii patch (even double gees - also known as goathead or three cornered jack) without feeling a damned thing :P

What's a real size anyhow?

I can take anywhere between a 7 and a 10, depending on the brand and the country it was made in.

It's a fucking joke!

You'd think there be a standardisation.

I know what you mean though, I'm a 12 and it gets annoying not being able to find shoes you like.

Just get some chucks in the meantime.

Edited by nitro.vo

i tried on some 15's in the states. a bit more roomy than was necessary, but they weren't *too* bad.

then i tried 17 on for shits and giggles. It must be what cheeky looks like when she puts my shoes on :P

i tried on some 15's in the states. a bit more roomy than was necessary, but they weren't *too* bad.

then i tried 17 on for shits and giggles. It must be what cheeky looks like when she puts my shoes on :P

hehe give her a pair of your thongs and take her water skiing :P

i had a pair of colorado thongs/sandles. they were designed like thongs (with the exception that nothing went between your toes, but across your foot) but were quite thick and heavy.

the number of times she came unstuck after tripping over those things... i could deadset kill someone if i threw it at them.

13 isn't that big really.... I know quite a few sport stores here stock up to a size 17 easily.

Fuck off. In WA? Seriously?

Living in Sydney, it's impossible to find a size 16/17 for my gigantic feet. I have to order from the states. And you're telling me they stock up to 17s. What manufacturers? Where?

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Thats the thing though im not a tight arse. I spent 360 bucks yesterday on two pairs of colorado's. I spent 400 canadian on my good dress shoes. The lynx were about 100 odd as well when i bought them as a walking shoe for my trip OS. I went to Hurstvile, Miranda, and Eastgardens yesterday. Struck out in all of them. The shop who called me back was in Miranda. I do admit i didnt try any of the Glu/Rip Curl or other fashion stores because i have never in the past had any luck getting my size in what they carry.

Yah, my poor nephews, 6'8" and one still growing.

Yank basketball shoes is it. Without spending totally stratospheric prices.

Oh, and ordering ahead of time is a must.

Thats the thing though im not a tight arse. I spent 360 bucks yesterday on two pairs of colorado's. I spent 400 canadian on my good dress shoes. The lynx were about 100 odd as well when i bought them as a walking shoe for my trip OS. I went to Hurstvile, Miranda, and Eastgardens yesterday. Struck out in all of them. The shop who called me back was in Miranda. I do admit i didnt try any of the Glu/Rip Curl or other fashion stores because i have never in the past had any luck getting my size in what they carry.

if you spent 100 bux on lynx, then you got ripped off. they're a low budget, cheap arse brand that usually resides in kmart/big w for school kids. i've never seen them anywhere outside of those department stores and never for anything more than 20 - 40 bux.

As for hurstville, i bought a pair of adidas superstars at the footlocker down from EB games not too long ago, and they had more than plenty size 13's and 14's. I probably paid about 100 bux for those, but its up to you if you want to pay for brand names or not.

as for cheaper shoes, i've seen plenty of large sized shoes on the second level (down from jetset) at the big shoe warehouse type store near the exit. i've never liked any of them, but they might do the trick for you.

i try to avoid miranda, i really dont like it there. eastgardens i've not been to in a long time, so again, i cant help.

but if you head into the city there are a couple of foot lockers and so on that have the large sizes.

My biggest issue is finding my skate shoes in sizes and styles i like. It does become hard when the largest size sent out is a US12 (so a size 11), but i've found specialty skate stores tend to have them or at least can order them in.

Yah, my poor nephews, 6'8" and one still growing.

Yank basketball shoes is it. Without spending totally stratospheric prices.

Oh, and ordering ahead of time is a must.

get them from the states. I picked up an oldschool pair of Air Jordans for about 100 bux while i was over there.

These badboys:

Posted Image

With shoes it's simple for me, buy cheap ass ones that look like crap for $30-40, or spend $200-300 and get good looking shoes that last for a good year or sometimes two.

I stumbled across a clearence sale at a local surf skate shop and got my white Etnies for $40 cash with a little haggling, and they're size 14's, kinda tight but they have molded to my feet, they look so good I just kept wearing them till they stopped hurting my feet : D

13 isn't that big really.... I know quite a few sport stores here stock up to a size 17 easily.

Fuck off. In WA? Seriously?

Living in Sydney, it's impossible to find a size 16/17 for my gigantic feet. I have to order from the states. And you're telling me they stock up to 17s. What manufacturers? Where?

Sportspower here sells shoes in larger sizes... due to a lot of guys here having an average foot size of between 13 to 17. I don't know about variety or manufacturers.. but I have seen a few very large sized shoes in store.

I'm a size 14. Cry more.

I just go into any shoe shop, not bother about looking at the styles and say, "What have you got in a 14?" Makes it much easier than looking for something I like, then trying to find it in a decent size.