Sign in to follow this  
sm1ddy

Xbox 360 Scratching Discs

Alright.

Just noticed that my xbox 360 has been scratching my game discs (typical circular style crap). However, my console is out of warranty now.

I've sent a message to Microsoft but haven't heard back from them yet.

Has anyone dealt with this type of issue before?

Alright.

Just noticed that my xbox 360 has been scratching my game discs (typical circular style crap). However, my console is out of warranty now.

I've sent a message to Microsoft but haven't heard back from them yet.

Has anyone dealt with this type of issue before?

Not a day goes by at work where someone doesn't come in with a 360 disc that has those circle scratches on it. It's a known (but not officially recognised) problem with the crappy disc tray. The slightest bump (especially if standing upright) can cause it.

You won't hear crap back from MS about it.

Edited by elfinke

Yeah, not very happy about it.

My 360 is on a big sturdy stand on the other side of the room. So it seems to be spontaneous.

Not a day goes by at work where someone doesn't come in with a 360 disc that has those circle scratches on it. It's a known (but not officially recognised) problem with the crappy disc tray. The slightest bump (especially if standing upright) can cause it.

*sigh* I know your pain. I used to get them regularly.

Nowadays I just clean the disc in my disc wizard and tell them to let Microsoft know that their machine is doing it.

Nowadays I just clean the disc in my disc wizard and tell them to let Microsoft know that their machine is doing it.

you could get your drive replaced by a modder , they dont have too put hacked firmware on it .. they will have too spoof your drives identity key onto the new drive though, if they swap out your current drive for the same model they can just copy the firmware thats on yours over too the new one and i doubt microsoft would be able too tell.

you could get your drive replaced by a modder , they dont have too put hacked firmware on it .. they will have too spoof your drives identity key onto the new drive though, if they swap out your current drive for the same model they can just copy the firmware thats on yours over too the new one and i doubt microsoft would be able too tell.

Sounds interesting. I might look into it if it keeps my games in better condition.

Or just buy a new 360, they're like $14 dollars new now.

'

I'm sure buying a hitachi drive then hacking it is a lot cheaper.

Also I'm not giving a manufacturer that makes faulted consoles more money.

Or just buy a new 360, they're like $14 dollars new now.

'

I'm sure buying a hitachi drive then hacking it is a lot cheaper.

Also I'm not giving a manufacturer that makes faulted consoles more money.

youd be better off with a samsung or benq / liteon than hitachi.

meh as said, just find a modded console that has been taken online, they are littering ebay etc.

Probably cheaper than a drive.

I had exactly the same problem with my 360 about 2 years ago. M$ wanted $199.00 for the repair job. Just for a bloody dvd drive! I traded in my botch console at EB and upgraded to an elite. EB sells a new warranty with their pre owned consoles. sooooo. yeah.