neX

Napoleon: Total War

The pre-order offer has been released on Steam. But the AU version has its price inflated once compared to other countries (US) by US$30 for both the standard and Imperial editions.

AU Steam Version US$69.99 for Standard $79.99 for Imperial

US Steam Version US$39.99 for Standard $49.99 for Imperial

The Imperial Edition includes a copy of Medieval II: TW as well as the Royal Scots Greys elite unit.

I have not made a purchase as yet, but any of you considering this title should use the CC workaround as discussed in the L4D2 Purchase thread to save some of that hard earned.

Surely there must be something that can be done about region price fixing.

oh FFS. This is BS. More inflation?

I don't need a copy of M2 but do want that extra unit. Although paying $80 for an expansion is fucked up.

NOT HAPPY JAANE!

hey I'm the biggest TW slut known to man, back in the days I went to EB early to get the very first copy of R:TW, but even I find this hard to swallow. -_-

Edited by Oracle X

Who makes these decisions to fuck us in our ass? Is it the publishers of the titles? or the retailer (valve in this case) taking more from us?

It is the publisher that sets the price. Steam is just the distributor. Valve is a publisher.

And God knows what sort of deal Valve made with our local distributors. And I thought Steam was suppose to help lower prices.

Fucknuts!

If you guys read that page carefully you will see it says

Title: Napoleon: Total War™ Imperial Edition

Genre: Strategy

Developer: The Creative Assembly

Publisher: SEGA

Release Date: March 2010

so Valve is not to blame here its sega.

anyway I am going to need like 2 weeks off when this comes out :D a definite pre order and preload right here.

Anyone up for some E:TW in the meantime? oracleX won't play me lol.

Sorry but multiplayer TW bores me to tears. Usually it ends up with both sides holding back and wait for the other to attack. -_-

Anyways I wonder what new features this one will have. Hope it's more than just a few new units and historical battles.

so Valve is not to blame here its sega.

Wow. Surprise. Because Sega NEVER sold out in the past, what make you think they won't dick anyone now? Gorammit.....

what?

Oracle I have never played empire online, I will go on the attack though so your not bored to tears if we ever play a round.

Edited by nesquick

errr wait a sec, what's the difference between the Imperial version and the regular version?

Pre-Purchase Napoleon: Total War™

Pre-purchase Napoleon: Total War™ on Steam and receive the Royal Scots Greys elite unit, for use in both single player and multiplayer game modes.

Pre-Purchase Napoleon: Total War™ Imperial Edition

Pre-purchase the Imperial Edition of Napoleon: Total War™ on Steam and receive the Royal Scots Greys elite unit, plus a free copy of Medieval II: Total War™ to play right away.

Seems the Imperial has M2 for free, but I already have M2 so that's not a problem...

Imperial has M2 Gold Edition, not worth if you've already got them, along with some special units.

And the release date is mid-Feb, from many Australian retailers' pre-order page.

Talk about an impressive expansion or is this an actual full game?

hopefully they do some other great military leaders ie: hannibal

Hannibal in 18th Century Europe? -_-

Well it's probably a full expansion ala Kingdoms or Barbarians. I hope it's not another Warpath.

Edited by Oracle X

Man those armoured hoplites conquered me an empire from Rome to Alexandria, the long way around through Asia Minor, and all overland. Fuckin win. Gold chevrons left right and centre, sent 3 units of them against an army 5x the size, and oh yes, the hoplites buttfucked them.

Ah Rome. Rome 2 would make me asplode with excitement tho

meh, legions pwn hoplites. They're nothing but arrow-bait for anything that's not a stupid AI. -_-

But maybe there will be a Helenic: Total War.

I'm waiting for an American Civil War rendition of Total War. Good times.

Holy fuck at the collectors edition. That's how it's done! Shame I'm not all that interested in the expansion :/

Edited by The End

Multiplayer campaign mode should be out soon, the Beta is available now. I;d be down for some MP campaign action..

hmm the Civil War was a lot less formation combat than that of Empire Total War, so the game will be a lot different.