Sign in to follow this  
Madz007

Rampage II Extreme V X58 Classified

i have a bit of a delema at the moment where i can wait an unknown amount of time for the classified or get a rampage extreme now which would you go for ?

I wouldn't go for either, but then I'm not after a year old, hot running, server motherboard that's been beaten by about every manufacturer (Gigabyte, MSI, and even EVGA and ASUS's own P6T) for overclocking now. :-)

As I said before in the other thread get another board they are overpriced for what you get. The classified is good if your water cooking though but really only is worth the cash on extreme over clocks considering you can get 4ghz easy out of any x58 board its not worth it in my opinion.

This is coming from the guy who wanted the classified more then anything but realised it just I'snt worth it unless you have some high end GPU's that really require x16 slots.

you're spending a lot of $$$$'s for no reason apart from 'bragging rights' (if having the most expensive board is something to brag about......)

I'm more than happy with my P6T Deluxe (which doesn't overclock any further than the X58-DS4....)

virtually all the x58 boards go the same, save some money and spend it on graphics, or memory.

;)

The classified is good if your water cooking

I want to know how to cook water!

Seeing that the Classified is out of stock in most places, I would take the Rampage, if not, then I'd get the Classified... this is if I am a crazy overclocker.

if you cant wait then the the rampage. then again, you could just go and buy a GB X58 UD7 :P

if you cant wait then the the rampage. then again, you could just go and buy a GB X58 UD7 :P

Or a Asus P6T Deluxe. :P

i have a classified and believe me its a pain in your pocket for what you get. i admit its a great board and comes with faetures i like. but bein realistic, its meant for people who roll in cash, or get most of their things for half price thanks to the government. go for the cheaper versions. the original x58 from evga is good the ud7 mentioned above is goot too. so are the asus boards.

the ETA for my order of the x58 Classified is this Wednesday, i really hope so.

the ETA for my order of the x58 Classified is this Wednesday, i really hope so.

have fun with one.