danin316

best 24inch or above gamng monitor

Yeh christmas is coming and its all family's and seasons greetings and all that other stuff that tries to distract me from my computer, but i need some advice as it seems years with a girlfriend has left me incapable of making a decision for myself but she has agreed to buy me a new monitor for $500 or less i was looking at ASUS VW246H 24-inch but would like your advice

What a difference the right place can make.

I just did a comparison of .:Cyb3rGlitch:.'s link and by pure chance found this!

Just shows that Atomic provides important consumer advice :)

I bought a Benq G2420HD, very happy with it.

But with a budget of $500 I'd get the 26" Asus VK266H. My friend has one, and I wish I bought it over the Benq purely on size.

Edited by lew~

I've been astounded at how good my Acer X243HQ has been. The frame is kind of ugly, but the picture quality is great. No edge bleed, good blacks, good colour, no blur or response issues. Quite impressive for less than $200 after cash back.

+1 for the Benq G2420HD I just recently got one and I can't fault it.

Picked mine up from Centrecom for $230 which is a bargain. I'd post a link, but they haven't put them up on their site.

Great monitor, and for your budget, you could grab two!

Forgot to mention it does HDMI and 2ms response time.

Edited by pandemonium

+1 for the Benq G2420HD I just recently got one and I can't fault it.

Picked mine up from Centrecom for $230 which is a bargain. I'd post a link, but they haven't put them up on their site.

Great monitor, and for your budget, you could grab two!

Forgot to mention it does HDMI and 2ms response time.

Yeah theyre a great monitor especially for there price. $240 at www.9289.com.au with free postage all around australia

I have got a dell G2410 which i scored for free dell are selling them for $400, Its a 24" LED screen. I quite like it.

All i use it for everything and i think its a great all rounder, Its quite nice on the eyes too, Pitty it does not have HDMI but it has DVI.

It weighs fuck all too. I like the screen menu and buttons they are well placed and preform well. Gotta love the 3 year next business day warranty.

Posted Image

dell link

Edited by eat_the_flag

I'm looking at buying 3 24"+ monitors with small bezels and can do portrait. I'm interested in running a 3 monitor eyefinity setup when 5xx0 cards are more plentiful.

Money is an object: I would like a balance of quality and value.

I think LG have something suitable, buy i'm interested in any suggestions others may have discovered in their research.

I'm also in the market for a new screen. With the new LED tech, is it a better option than the LCDs?

I've had an Acer AL2416W for about 3 years now and its starting to get burn in easily. I'm on holidays so have been gaming a lot and the set menu pieces are silhouetted on screen when greys are displayed. Not that annoying but definitely noticeable.

Edit: ahh nevermind, i thought it was the OLED screens not just an LED backlight :P

Edited by Rage09

I am also looking at a 24" monitor with 1080p

so far i have found

AOC 2436VWH this has HDMI, USB and is 60000:1.

Samsung 2333SW+

BenQ G2420HD

I havnt really heard of AOC as a monitor brand....I currently have a 22" Benq it is 1680*1050. I am leaning towards the Benq as i know it is a good brand. But then again so is Samsung.

Having read this thread i am still undecided...What do you guys rekon?