Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jdee71

After close to 3 yrs I've finally severed all ties........

I never thought I could do it, but I've finally stopped.....cold turkey no less.

WOW was normally the first thing that gets installed and the only game that resides on my pc...Now it's gone and I haven't even installed or given alot of thought about a replacement .

How do i feel?............Great, healthier no less....

The story goes as follows in point form

Year 1 = must go home to play, install teamspeak, make sure I'm home every friday night to raid with the guild. raid again on Sunday night. FAMILY DO NOT SPEAK TO ME WHEN I'M PLAYING. I'll feed the pets later. Wife shitty at me.

During work hours-google talent builds, search for new mods(includes downloading), google weapons and stats etc etc

Year 2 = Put kids to bed, play wow, raid with guild, bg's when not raiding. When playing during the day try get kids involved so i dont feel guilty.

During work hours-talent builds, mods etc etc etc

Year 3 to current= put kids to bed, have coffee and watch tv with wife, play wow (normally play 30-45 minutes (either farm or bg),leave guild, uninstall teamspeak, , get bored, start yawning.

During work hours-Nothing wow related unless a customer brings in a pc with game issues WOW etc, which i do ask them for their login details to test ofcourse.

Inbetween theses years the expansions were released, I was like everyone else excited at first and wanted to play and play, lvl and lvl, lvl professions, etc etc. But i think it was too little too late for me.

I have something better.........MY LIFE BACK.....

Just wanted to share my joy with you all.....

Hello. This is one of the reasons I refused to buy or play WOW. Good luck, be sure to see the signs next when any other addictive leveling game comes out.

Hello. This is one of the reasons I refused to buy or play WOW. Good luck, be sure to see the signs next when any other addictive leveling game comes out.

the only reason i started playing was one of my customers kept bringing in relatives pc's to be upgraded for wow, never played b4, had no interest, after his grandfathers pc (5th he brought in) I was curious, i may need to check this game out. I actually lost interest in all pc games after Delta Force to be honest.

I went and seen one of my friends at Harvey's and I bought a 14day trial for a discounted price of $1.40. I was back later that day to buy the full version....you know the rest...

good for you. i avoided WOW or any other MMO

.... however i've started on DDO.... (oops - see DDO eberon thread)... but discovered i only like playing with other people so it's not so bad. i think. i seem to be mostly sensible.

everyone has some form of escapism for themselves in life... before this it was books or other games for me... have you wondered jdee71 if something else will become an escape for you?

... have you wondered jdee71 if something else will become an escape for you?

At this present time I'm comfortable, I do have an addictive nature so I know something will turn up. I'll deal with it.

In CoD:MW2, you have to grind noobs to level.

After you level, you get phat lewts like ACR. it's a 2H weapon, +5 to speed, and can be crafted to have +10 explosive damage.

Interested yet?

After you level, you get phat lewts like ACR. it's a 2H weapon, +5 to speed, and can be crafted to have +10 explosive damage.

Interested yet?

Does this awesome sounding game have a deticated server?

Interested yet?

Does this awesome sounding game have a deticated server?

It has revolutionary peer to peer MMOing. It's lag free and it's awesome.

hell, you could always give Aion a go :P

35 Sorcerer atm, not a "faceroll easy" game to level in.

I never thought I could do it, but I've finally stopped.....cold turkey no less.

WOW was normally the first thing that gets installed and the only game that resides on my pc...Now it's gone and I haven't even installed or given alot of thought about a replacement .

How do i feel?............Great, healthier no less....

The story goes as follows in point form

Year 1 = must go home to play, install teamspeak, make sure I'm home every friday night to raid with the guild. raid again on Sunday night. FAMILY DO NOT SPEAK TO ME WHEN I'M PLAYING. I'll feed the pets later. Wife shitty at me.

During work hours-google talent builds, search for new mods(includes downloading), google weapons and stats etc etc

Year 2 = Put kids to bed, play wow, raid with guild, bg's when not raiding. When playing during the day try get kids involved so i dont feel guilty.

During work hours-talent builds, mods etc etc etc

Year 3 to current= put kids to bed, have coffee and watch tv with wife, play wow (normally play 30-45 minutes (either farm or bg),leave guild, uninstall teamspeak, , get bored, start yawning.

During work hours-Nothing wow related unless a customer brings in a pc with game issues WOW etc, which i do ask them for their login details to test ofcourse.

Inbetween theses years the expansions were released, I was like everyone else excited at first and wanted to play and play, lvl and lvl, lvl professions, etc etc. But i think it was too little too late for me.

I have something better.........MY LIFE BACK.....

Just wanted to share my joy with you all.....

Well Done !!!!! I ditched my addiction to wow about 1.5 years ago . Now when Star Wars : The Old Republic MMO comes out , I will be addicted for a while on that .

hell, you could always give Aion a go :P

35 Sorcerer atm, not a "faceroll easy" game to level in.

Got a 34 chanter, the game is fun something different then playing WoW, especially the Asmo battle music, alot better than the eylos music

welcome back to the real world. I quit just before wraith to many scrubs couldn't take it anymore how the game had just became so casual and anyone could be running around in top end gear for playing 3 hours a week.

I've tried to get into WOW a couple of times, because I WANT something to suck away my life.

Problem is, I don't like fantasy settings, hate RPG's, prefer singleplayer games and find stat-based autopilot combat boring.

So.....yeah. Not much chance of me developing a WoW habit :p

Mate of mine closed down all his MMO accounts recently, leaving a void into which I've tried to insert Street Fighter IV training :p

I never liked the game. So all I can say is that you've made the best choice you can make concerning this game.

If it's a luxury (and all games are), use it in moderation. Friend of mine didn't take this word of advice and the result was : IT Network Engineer by day, Elf Warrior by night. I mean ffs.

Eve Online sucks away your time more than WOW. My PC is on all day with EVE running in the background, coz it doesn't time out after a period of inactivity...its become a fee based chat tool as well.

its become a fee based chat tool as well.

This is my EVE.

Chat, followed by undocking everynow for 2 hours and going on a roam to kill something.

Sounds about the same for me as of late. Killing time til I can fly an Enyo and Vigilant currently.

I dropped WoW back in March of this year after spending 12 months playing almost 24/7 and wasting time, was the best thing I've done.

I played WoW for a month. After my subscription ran out, I didn't really feel the urge to renew it....:\

I played WoW for a month. After my subscription ran out, I didn't really feel the urge to renew it....:\

+1.

Try Guild Wars the only cost of couse is the game and your internet connection

I didn't even get that far, I got to about level 4? Then stopped, it was tedious and there were too many dickheads playing.

Never really felt the need to go back into it, but hey, I know alot of people that do and they could also benefit alot by not playing.

i lived the first year or two of that life, except i wasn't the subject...

not to say i didn't enjoy playing it for a while, but other people kinda ruined it for me.