psynapse

NOSTALGIA THREAD

I don't think any of the older arcade games went to $1. Pinballs did though, although you'd usually get 3 for $2 and could rack up freebies so it'd average out to maybe 40-50 cents a game.

Maybe Sega Rally was a buck. I do remember that Daytona was $2 a hit from the moment it came out. Probably blew close to 40 bucks first time I saw that one.

I remember when you could switch arcade machines on and off repeatedly underneath till you got a free credit :)

I don't think any of the older arcade games went to $1. Pinballs did though, although you'd usually get 3 for $2 and could rack up freebies so it'd average out to maybe 40-50 cents a game.

Maybe Sega Rally was a buck. I do remember that Daytona was $2 a hit from the moment it came out. Probably blew close to 40 bucks first time I saw that one.

The Roadblasters cab was 40c at my local Timezone when it came out. That went to $1 just before it disappeared. Edited by Cybes

I love hearing about the good old days of Atomic. No other forum has that much appeal.

Now I feel like playing one of the pinball games I used to play as a kid, brb

Remember red text red text red text red texTagline truncated?

Ahh, those were magical days :)~

Yes I do.

And Psynapse - haven't seen you around here for quite a while!

i remember saying fuck you im not paying for this forum, then i joined otamic, which turned into many different things then finally became rlypwned, which is now dead.

it was a sad time for atomic, well actually i really have no idea how this place was back then cause i was having to much fun on otamic :P

I never had to do that. I was a Superhero!

Haha oh that's right, if you spammed enough you got super special ranks and free access to post in the general section of an internet forum.

Joy =3

Quality > Quantity

I do, and I paid it. Have let my subscription lapse, though.

(Same can't be said about my Xbox Live which just automatically debited my CC the other day. --bah)

First memory of at0mic: browsing the PC section at the newsagency, saw the cover of Issue 3 (IIRC) - the one with the blonde hosing the guts of a PC.

SOLD!

<3 at0mic ever since. Occasional subscriber - should pick up a sub again to prepare for the ol' bi-annual build.

When the Green Room was 'locked down' I pretty much just switched to lurking/posting in Console Games, Building/Troubleshooting etc.

I remember back when a game of pool cost $1. Good times.

i remember the outrage when it was upped from 20c

The Roadblasters cab was 40c at my local Timezone when it came out. That went to $1 just before it disappeared.

i can't remember the name, but a back projected scrolling screen street racer with wire numbers that i presume were incandescent bulbs was 20c and outrageously expensive in darwin in 1970

back then it was 50c to go to a double feature at parap cinema, or 45c for up the front (where there was no roof and thus you got soaked if a tropical storm landed during the evening's entertainment

pinball was sixpence (5c) when i first started playing; you got 5 balls for the money, and the table wasn't approaching the verticality of pachinko machine

and i can recall when pong was the newest thing, then breakout, and then space invaders followed by a flood of atari goodness on both crt and in the pinball sphere too (ah, middle earth, and flash from an atari designer who moved to williams')

Edited by scruffy1

I remember buying a whole pile of Jungle Chews for 5 cents on the way to primary school

aniseed squares were 4 for a penny and cobbers (mates) were a penny each

a choc wedge was sixpence, and after decimal currency 20c was initially enough for a huge bag of lollies

ah, luxury

Poke'mon. That shit was shit!

Fixt

Aww... someone didn't get the Charizard card they wanted after all.

:P

Poke'mon. That shit was on!

You really are very young, aren't you? It shows.

Well yeah. I was in primary school when Poke'mon was big. :)

Poke'mon. That shit was shit!

Fixt

Aww... someone didn't get the Charizard card they wanted after all.

:P

There aint no nostalga about Pokemon (and similar type of cartoons/games)...dumb crap it was...

I remember when McDonalds used to do different flavour shakes like lime..etc

I remember when sending unsuspecting people to goatse.cx was funny just to watch their reaction. It was the worst thing on the internet back then.

*sigh*

EDIT:

For those afraid to click on the link, here's the image

Posted Image

Edited by morris