Sign in to follow this  
smadge1

Drama afoot in the TF2 universe...

Yeah I was wondering whats going on here, I keep hearing the announcer say stuff about betrayal and friendships at the start of matches...

People seem to think its tied to soldier and demoman, this seems to confirm it. Perhaps soldier and demo update is coming?

Yeah, it has to be. Just like Sniper Vs Spy, where the achievements were largely aimed at each other. Interesting to see what they come up with, particularly given that the demo man is so versatile already. And scottish. Maybe we'll see an airstrike for the soldier?

maybe they remove the soldier altogether, that would be a great upate.

+1

There have been quite a few new sound effects I have noticed re the announcer - its all pointing to update goodness.

They nurfed the demo a while back hope he gets a return to most deadly sticky bomb traps EVA

Solly needs some way of having more than 4 rounds. Gattling mini rockets?

Think the cartoon is cool but Saxon Hale is too over the top. Hold on this is TF2

maybe they remove the soldier altogether, that would be a great upate.

What don't like the random noob rocket mate?

It's also been saying (both the comic and today in-game) "Last day for friendship" which would mean via stipulation that the update is due... tomorrow?

One can hope.

Eitherway Demo & Solly updates, much looking forward to.

My money for the soldier is probably on hand held grenades, the traditional nailgun making a return or ... something more sinnister?

Demo probably something crazy/stupid like explosive jump boots or MORE bouncier nades or something? Who knows.

Very much looking forward to it THOUGH I would have much preferred an Engi update, myself :P

GB

The WAR update is out and running - http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3225. Whoever gets the most kills of the other class, Demo v Soldier will get an extra weapon unlock.

I am leaning towards Demo personally due to the old days of being a Piper in Q3F and the original TF.

And sadly no engineer update...

i tried playing earlier, but somehow ended up on a pro-soldier team

fail.

Also, GrunttleberryJnr is doing his bit for Demo's everywhere.

Day 0 and only 100,000 or so more demos dead. Hard to believe. thought Sollly would be way in front.

I played a 2fort map last night (all night) and some of them had like 450 kills racked up.

3fl i think.

I cant crack 25 :( I must be doing some thing wrong. my spam is ineffective!

Edited by gunny

fail.

Yeah he's pretty nuts, good ole' turbine.

GB

fail.

Yeah he's pretty nuts, good ole' turbine.

GB

Who is GrunttleberryJnr

GrunttleberryJnr is an obsessive demoman. Plays on GA servers, mostly Turbine.

212 Soldier kills so far.

I have seen people with 1000+ and there are reports of people over 5000.

The Soldier will win this war as there is no skill involved in actually using the Soldier compared to the Demoman. Add to this that the Soldier has an accurate long range weapon (shotgun) that can pick off demos from afar. Thus the majority of people will take up the Soldier's cause as there is absolutely no learning curve.

The first update is here and it goes to the Demoman - the Eyelander and Targe.

Check out the news at tf2.com

I would have thought that the Sollys would be well in front on the body count - only 225k ahead. This update on Thursday/Friday will see a few Sollys come to the dark side.

And I think they summed it up right in the Fighting Scotsman: "World's EASIEST class slightly ahead". You need absolutely no skill whatsoever to play a Soldier...

Begin flames!

The first update is here and it goes to the Demoman - the Eyelander and Targe.

Check out the news at tf2.com

I would have thought that the Sollys would be well in front on the body count - only 225k ahead. This update on Thursday/Friday will see a few Sollys come to the dark side.

And I think they summed it up right in the Fighting Scotsman: "World's EASIEST class slightly ahead". You need absolutely no skill whatsoever to play a Soldier...

Begin flames!

Thats true, but demos are easiest to do the most damage with, you can kill one person easily with solly, demo can kill more at once.

Ultimately in my opinion, as was voiced earlier tonight to a friend, I personally think the Solly does need to win this war because despite the fact they are a crit rocketting kill death kill rocket spamming noob fest, at the end of the day, I think they're about as gimped as they come. Utterly useless class. And what's more that a pro demo player will always be, more or less, unstoppable because anyone who's seen or can play a demoman pro-styles (so to speak) knows that they're arguably the only class in the entire game that if played to their fullest extent, can one-man an entire team for at least a couple of minutes before being overwhelmed, which arguably makes them the strongest class in the game. So really as far as I'm concerned, it's not so much "Go Solly!" as "Solly you pathetic piece of shit, pick up a real gun and do something outside of that pathetic and utterly underwhelming pissweak maneuver you call a "rocket-jump" you fucking gimp".

I think that sums it up quite nicely.

Outside of that, not really sure what to think of the Demo update to be honest. Will have to wait until I see it in action to work out whether it's any good. Otherwise the crafting system looks awesome (though isn't it bloody typical, the day before they announce the crafting system, I empty, almost entirely, my bag of every single duplicate item I've picked up... sigh, lol)

GB