Sign in to follow this  
smakme7757

Pain in thr arse Neighbors!

So,

Me and my wife buy ourselves a nice new terrace apartment with a great view and big balcony in a nice middle priced area. Anyhow after having lived here for a few months we noticed the neighbors like to party on Friday nights. Usually starting at about 7pm and then partying until 11pm before taking a taxi to head out on the town. In my mind this is more than acceptable and neither my wife nor myself have any problems with this AT ALL!

So 2 weeks ago the same neighbors had 2 house paty's, 1 on friday night and 1 on saturday night. Both started around 7pm and ended up finishing about 6am, loud music, drunk people, the whole kit and kaboodle. Although we found it frustrating that they would party so long on both friday and saturday being good neighbors and good sports we didn't say anything. The same happened the weekend after.....Bleh. Which we tolerated.

Today i wake up (saturday) my wife has gone to work and im home alone. So i decided to give our new sterio a go and pump some tunes at a relatively high but not stupid sound level. What do you know at 12:50 (15 minutes after i started playing music) in the afternoon the same neighbors came and complained that my music was too loud and i had to turn it down............WTF.

Seriously i almost never use the word C*NT, but that was the most C*ntish thing anyone has ever done lol.

/end rant

Edited by smakme7757

Hey at least they set the precedent for acceptable music levels... :)

And what did you say to them? Did you kinghit the guy and throw the woman over the balcony? Why not?

(delayed double post)

Edited by kikz

Hypocritical cunt - I would have just replied by smashing his nose against the nearest wall.

I turned it down a bit, but then turned it back up again when he left. He hasn't come back, yet. lol Thought i'd turn on the bass booster now, the major problem is im living in Norway and although i am extremely proficient in the language i always fumble my words if i try to argue. So i try to stay away from confrontations where i have to use Norwegian as i just get tounge tied!

I might also add that the guy is not at all intimidating, chuncky bloke, but doesnt have that Aussie stance. You know when someone knocks your beer over at the pub and you just stand there and give them that: <WTF> look. But yea he does have a big mouth the dirty little prick

Edited by smakme7757

the major problem is im living in Norway.

Crank up "Dancing Queen". That'll really piss the Norweigens off.

Don't have it, but i could always get it lol :) Stick the speakers on the balcony lol. Although i think they woudl get destryoed seeing as it's snowing here!

So "Bogans Without Borders" !

no matter how far or how widely you travel....:D

Tough luck for you two though, a tricky one to solve.

That really sucks dude.

I used to have hypocritical roommates like that. It's a really tough situation because whatever you do, it's lose-lose.

You could just suck it up and turn it down. That's not fair at all though; if they're allowed to party all night on most weekends then you should be allowed to play your music on a weekend. You could also try and argue with them. Or call the cops next time they have a loud party. However, this would undoubtedly inflame the situation. It's not good being on bad terms with your neighbours.

I'd suggest finding out when you can get away with it and playing your music then. Also, have a word with them if their partying is excessively loud and gets really annoying. Be careful though: I wouldn't suggest doing this while the party is going on. Drunk people can get shitty and violent.

It is tricky, but at the end of the day i'd like to come home in peace instead of getting death stares from the people who live right next to me. I ended up playing music another hour or two while i was cleaning the house today and he didn't come back up. I guess he knew complaining wouldn't help and i assume he doesn't want to get me off side as i could call the police if i really wanted to on one of his party nights.

Plus i also have to keep in mind the other neighbors. I can't play loud music in spite of one neighbor at the expense of all the others :). Although as the saying goes:

<All is fair in love and war>.

Edited by smakme7757

True, and he really wouldn't want that to happen.

Especially if drugs were involved; police would be the last people he'd want to see at one of his party nights. Judging by how long the parties tend to go for, I'd say this isn't entirely unlikely. Usually when there's only booze, most people pass out by about 3AM.

Agreed, i think i have an ace up my sleeve in that regard. We always had a little feeling they were into some harder drugs, but as long as he doesn't make it my problem i don't really care.

I think four hours or so of Spice Girls should get your point across.

That would most likely drive me insane as well =D Edited by smakme7757

Agreed, i think i have an ace up my sleeve in that regard. We always had a little feeling they were into some harder drugs, but as long as he doesn't make it my problem i don't really care.

I think four hours or so of Spice Girls should get your point across.

That would most likely drive me insane as well =D

Try banging out some Val Doonican, Andy Williams etc for a while.

Often considered to be the equivalent of the Hiroshima Surprise, bagpipes work well for one-upsmanship in residential audio wars as well...

But seriously, at least make the effort once to sync up with them first and point out their Fun 'n Games up past Ungodly O'Clock aren't exactly appreciated by those within earshot.

Then start on those bagpipe lessons by correspondence.

I turned it down a bit, but then turned it back up again when he left. He hasn't come back, yet. lol Thought i'd turn on the bass booster now, the major problem is im living in Norway and although i am extremely proficient in the language i always fumble my words if i try to argue. So i try to stay away from confrontations where i have to use Norwegian as i just get tounge tied!

I might also add that the guy is not at all intimidating, chuncky bloke, but doesnt have that Aussie stance. You know when someone knocks your beer over at the pub and you just stand there and give them that: <WTF> look. But yea he does have a big mouth the dirty little prick

"Fuck off cunt" isn't particularly hard to get out, is it?

:P