Chaos.Lady

Can't PM? Can't get into Trademart? Read Here!

So even though I have a couple of PC related freebies to happily give away, I still have to wait? I can understand not wanting commercial sellers just joining and getting free advertising. But hey, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Yep, as you say the line has to be drawn.

Trademart is a community thing and while it's lovely that you want to give away stuff, we can't just say yes to one and no to another etc.

It really doesn't take long to build up 100 odd posts. Just join in some discussions, shoot the breeze with the rest of us and it will be there in no time.

You'll also be getting to know our community a little better and be better able to see if the freebies are wanted/needed/liked etc.

And it'll be fun too! :)

I have been a member for years but prefer not to post.

I have a complete set of mags from issue 1 that needs a good home. Free!!!

Pm me if you are interested. Pickup Sydney location.

^^I would love that!^^

I used to use the trademart in about 2003 but I went inactive for a while and now my account is reset :( like, it was never removed, as you still had all my details (home address DOB mobile #) when I signed back in, but it said it was a new account with 0 posts... after 2 posts it didnt reset privelages

Addition to the FAQ:

Q. I have more than 16 posts to my name but still can't send/receive PMs. What do I do?

A. Check in your User Control Panel (under Personal Messenger Options) that you haven't disabled PMs there by mistake.

Hmm, this wasn't here last time I visited these forums, guess its a deter dodgy sellers (i've been ripped off myself by a guy on OCAU)

pretty much just posting to gain access to trademart

thanks for the info

Trying to spam your way into trademart is pretty much a great way to get banned, not get trademart access. Those who create posts purely for the purposes of increasing their postcount will have their count docked by significantly more than they post, or will just be banned outright. Posting in this thread purely to increase your count over the 128 mark is not a good thing, and will be noticed. While I don't have too many problems with someone who has x thousand posts already making a post to shuffle themselves into position, newcomers who aren't already part of the community need to join in properly in order to enjoy the benefits of trademart. It's not that hard, and can be very rewarding.

pretty much just posting to gain access to trademart

thanks for the info

Trying to spam your way into trademart is pretty much a great way to get banned, not get trademart access. Those who create posts purely for the purposes of increasing their postcount will have their count docked by significantly more than they post, or will just be banned outright. Posting in this thread purely to increase your count over the 128 mark is not a good thing, and will be noticed. While I don't have too many problems with someone who has x thousand posts already making a post to shuffle themselves into position, newcomers who aren't already part of the community need to join in properly in order to enjoy the benefits of trademart. It's not that hard, and can be very rewarding.

Gotta +1 this guys. Seriously if you spam your way forward just to get access, it's a good reason for us to either post dock you or if the spam is too bad, outright ban you.

By all means engage in conversation, but none of this spammy shit. And also don't go bumping 6 month old threads or anything.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, there is a difference between posting in here to REGAIN your trademart access and posting in here to GET trademart access.

The former is okay, the latter is definitely NOT.

The changes this thread outlines actually took everyone's access away who was a part of the community when it happened. It's unfair for a new user to take advantage of something meant for people to get back what they lost.

Fair enough?

Good. Now get out there and INTERACT damnit! :)

just posting for access

lol at this guy :P

I think you are asking for it mate :P

erm... don't do the same thing as him.....

just posting for access

lol at this guy :P

I think you are asking for it mate :P

Oh man you're lucky Garph isn't a mod any more!

And also don't go bumping 6 month old threads or anything.