myquickacc

Will my DREAM PC work?

The components of my DREAM PC so far:

Central Processing Unit: Intel 6-Core Gulftown CPU (not released)

Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD7

Enclosure: Antec Twelve Hundred

Random Access Memory: Corsair TR3XG1866C9DF 6GB

Graphic*s Processing Unit (GPU) (s): 2X Diamond ATI HD5970

Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard

Mouse: Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse

Cooling System: Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Power Supply Unit: Antec TruePower Quattro 1200

Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB

Optical Drive: Existing PC's LG Optical Drive

Audio Card: GA-X58A-UD7's onboard Realtek Audio Card

Headset: Plantronics Gamecon 777

Monitor: Asus VK266H 26inch

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

Subtotal: $3,248.44

Any new tips?

Edited by myquickacc

I just read this whole thread and I did lol at some of the stuff that was suggested by myquickacc

Mate if you want a $5,000.00 PC you better be using for some crazy video/graphics editing

Why two 5970's, thats insane coz if those thing are woorking at full tilt the heat coming out would cook a pie in seconds, do you live in an igloo or have an airconditioner blowing frosty air straight into the PC. No need for home heating coz your PC will do it.

As I was reading this thread I also thought that you were around the age of 17 and you had done some reading for parts but hadn't looked to far into the whole build. Just the way I saw it

Then I'll go back to the ATI HD4770.

I have to build a computer or my dad won't buy it.

I can pretty much spend up to $5000.

Any more tips?

Guys, seriously, give the dude a break. He's come here asking for assistance, and you go off on tangents about what he deserves and bullshit about giving up and getting an overpriced pre-built machine.

myquickacc, your build is fine. Where are you getting your prices from?

Guys, seriously, give the dude a break. He's come here asking for assistance, and you go off on tangents about what he deserves and bullshit about giving up and getting an overpriced pre-built machine.

myquickacc, your build is fine. Where are you getting your prices from?

Sorry Cyb3r, I wasn't having a go at him just telling how I saw it. Don't bother with the 5970 PC heaters and dont bother with the 4770's. Look into the 5850's or 5870's and if he's going to wait for the Intel 6-Core Gulftown then he might aswell wait to see what Nvidia bring to the table with the 300 cards

I'm new to all of this stuff aswell but I do alot of reading

Any more tips?

tips? get the system I wrote on page 1, you will thank me later playing all your games at 2560x1600 resolution on that gorgeous screen.

If I was given $5K heres what I would buy.

System total $3430 from pccasegear.com.au

-i7 920

-EVGA SLI LE mobo

-6gb OCZ 12800 platinum ram

-2x HD5870's

-Corsair HX850 PSU

-Gskill falcon SII 128 GB SSD

-WD black 1 TB

-Lian Li PC-50WB case

-Corsair H50 all in one cpu cooler

-Logitech X540 speakers

-Win 7 home premium 64bit

get yourself a beutiful screen like a dell 3008wfp don't pay that retail price though, wait till they are on special for $1800 then use the racq 15% off voucher to make it $1540ish

http://www1.ap.dell.com/au/en/home/monitor...s&cs=audhs1

Let me giuve you some advice though, a $2000 machine will do exactly what you want also ;)

Any more tips?

tips? get the system I wrote on page 1, you will thank me later playing all your games at 2560x1600 resolution on that gorgeous screen.

+1.

You'll have to add a bit to the cost in that case, the post by nesquick on this page is what I would buy if had that much money right now, 2x HD 5870 will do whatever you throw at it, and an i7 920 isn't much slower than the $1k+ 965 after some good cooling and OC.

If money truly is no object then the build you had on the last page is killer, though the increase in performance in some of those parts vs nesquick's build is not in any way, shape, or form, worth the money.

And yes, you could save a LOT of money by getting a ~$2k rig and you wouldn't notice the drop in performance for most applications.

But you're probably tired of hearing us tell you that. :P

Edited by turro

I'll think about changing the GA-X58A-UD7 to a GA-EX58-UD5 and just getting the 1 ATI HD5970/5870.

But I don't think I will change my choice of the Core i9 6-Core CPU yet to come out.

I'll think about changing the GA-X58A-UD7 to a GA-EX58-UD5 and just getting the 1 ATI HD5970/5870.

But I don't think I will change my choice of the Core i9 6-Core CPU yet to come out.

expect to pay the earth for the core i9 cpu's.

at the end of the day what is more important, a few seconds off that video rip or more FPS in your games.

Edited by nesquick

Frankly, based on what you've said so far, you won't notice the differernce between your current build and:

G-B P55-UD3 $132

4GB Kit DDR3 1333 PNY $109

Hitachi (Japanese Brand) SATA 2TB $239

1GB 5770 HIS $189

Core i5-750 $229

SATA Aopen/BenQ $33

Antec Sonata III $181

23.6” 5ms DVI Acer X243HQ“$187 after $49 Cashback” $236

OEM MS 64 bit Vista Home Ultimate $145

Total $1493 from MSY

Well I could just wait for prices to fall down and new CPUs, GPUs ect. to come out.

No offence and I appreciate it (=P) , but can you guys PLEASE build on my DREAM PC,

not giving me a whole new setup. (If you do, explain all the parts)

I think a lot of your builds are very diffrent to mine.

I just think you guys are posting good builds but not explaining how are they good.

But please let me reinstate something you might of missed:

I ONLY USED AROUND 30GB OF MY HARD DRIVE ON MY OLD COMPUTER,

[EDIT] SURELY I DON'T HAVE TO BUY A 1TB HARD DRIVE?

Like I said, SSDs were my first choice but

hard drives are so much cheaper.

Please remember I have up to $5000 (o.O) to spend

and I have to build the computer, not buy one.

Here is a list of what I will definetly will keep on my DREAM PC:

PLEASE NOT CHANGE UNLESS YOU HAVE A GOOD REASON (PLEASE EXPLAIN)

(OS) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

(ENCLOSURE) Antec Twelve Hundred Case

(MONITOR) Asus VK266H 26inch

(HEADSET) Plantronics Gamecon 777

(MOUSE) Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse

(KEYBOARD Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard

(RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY) Corsair TR3XG1866C9DF 6GB

(OPTICAL DRIVE) My old optical drive

(SPEAKERS) My old speakers

(AUDIO CARD) Motherboard's onboard audio card

(COOLING SYSTEM) Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Here is a list of what I will decide on in the future but currently are my choices:

(NVIDIA making GT 300+ - I'll wait and see)

ATI HD5970 - ATI HD5870 (Don't ask about what I do on my computer please, I won't reply o.O)

Intel Core i9 6-Core CPU (Seriously doubt I will change that - don't worry, I can pay for it =D)

An 128GB SSD or a cheap hard drive (100GB-1TB...Please no 300GB WD Velocity Raptor unless good reason)

A Gigabyte motherboard, Socket : LGA 1366 of course! Current choice is GA-X58A-UD7

So what are your tips on these?

I can't thank you guys enough..

Edited by myquickacc

so do you want advice or want us to just reinstate what you want?

+1 to Nessy

What I have learnt so far is letting these guys know what your using the PC for eg: video editing, gaming, internet & so on!

5k is a bucket load of cash for a PC and these guys could build a $2,500.00 PC which would be almost as fast and powerful so then you have another 2.5k to spend on what ever

If you dont give these guys an idea it makes it a little difficult as building a 5k rig is obviously for some serious shit coz spending 5k on a prebuilt rig aint going to get you the same power. eg Alienware - lol for 5k

If your only using 30GB of HDD (I have more pr0n than that) then use a SSD drive as they are 11billion times faster

Dont bother with the 5970 (HOT AND LOUD) just get the 5870 and if its not enough get a second one or wait and see what Nvidia bring out

With the cpu, listen to these guys - the 920 will smash anything you through at it, it just heats up a bit

Stay with that motherboard.

Listen to these guys, they know their shit when it comes to this stuff, I did and I love my PC

So far, I agree with Tantryl.

Spending other people's money may be fun, but staying at the front of the performance game is for reviewers and unemployed millionaires.

I just built a machine for 2 grand, which happily does everything I ask of it. If you include the SSDs and the Monitor I did not buy, it would be 3K.

It'll last me at least another 2 years, with minor upgrades.. probably 3-4 is there is no serious infrastructure changes.