myquickacc

Will my DREAM PC work?

Cue nesquick saying that the FT02 looks undersized and needs to be slightly longer and he might say that the RV02 NZXT copy.

/flamesuit on.

Nah I said it needed to be higher all cases need either a 1:1 or 3:2 ratio in terms of length by depth.

Hahaha, I was reading this thread with this plug-in, and your post translated to:

"Neh I seeed it needed tu be-a heegher ell ceses need ieezeer a 1:1 oor 3:2 retio in terms ooff lengt by dept. Bork Bork Bork!"

Hahaha, I was reading this thread with this plug-in, and your post translated to:

Translated to:

Heheha, I ves reedeeng thees threed veet thees ploog-in, und yuoor pust trunsleted tu:

Edited by 2SHY

Then I'll go back to the ATI HD4770.

I have to build a computer or my dad won't buy it.

I can pretty much spend up to $5000.

Any more tips?

tips? get the system I wrote on page 1, you will thank me later playing all your games at 2560x1600 resolution on that gorgeous screen.

OP kid. Listen to the master.

I think I'll stay to the Antec Twelve Hundred no offence.

Thanks for your personal opinions tho!

you will eventually come to hate all those stupid LED fans and the constant roar and wish you got something silent and ellegant. Edited by nesquick

I'm getting the prices from Amazon (I know I can't buy all of them off there).

Try StaticIce mate. It compares the prices for all the computer shops in Aus (that have online stores) and it provides links to all the stores websites and products. A lot better than Amazon.

Well bowiee all we can do is offer up our thoughts on the parts, if said advice is not taken I am not going to lose sleep over it.

You can only tell people, you can't supply brains

That asus is a 1920x1080 resolution, not as good as the 1920x1200 screens.

Sorry but I think you're wrong mate. That monitor (ASUS VK266H/VW266H) has an aspect ratio of 16:10 and is therefore 1920x1200. The only difference between the VK and the VW is that the VK has an inbuilt webcam and the VW doesn't. Linky.

So, the Asus VK266H 26inchdoesn't have 2ms response time?

It sure does have a 2MS response time.
That's a 2ms Grey to Grey response time.

I think I'll stay to the Antec Twelve Hundred no offence.

Thanks for your personal opinions tho!

you will eventually come to hate all those stupid LED fans and the constant roar and wish you got something silent and ellegant.

I've got a Twelve Hundred, and I think it's great. I have all the fans on low speed (cos there is so many of them and it move so much air). It sits under my desk so if everything is quiet on can only hear a quiet humm. I do have a few complaints about it however:

1. It's as heavy as slab of concrete, due to the size and contents

2. It's MASSIVE, like MASSIVELY MASSIVE, I didn't realise how big it was when I bought it (my mistake).

3. It's not the best if you wanna take it to a LAN party, cos it's big and bulky

4. I get cold feet because of the amount of air that it moves (and it sits right next to them) >.<

Other than that I think it looks great. Kinda a blue LED fanboy.

So, the Asus VK266H 26inchdoesn't have 2ms response time?

It sure does have a 2MS response time.
That's a 2ms Grey to Grey response time.

Which is exactly what myself and Master_Scythe were saying :P

Why not just use PC case gear or umart?

Its going to be easy for dad to pay for it and easy if the both you of you have any issues.

As far as I know amazon won't send computer parts overseas due to our duty taxes which you will have to pay not doing so would be illegal, as said just use reputable stores such as Umart, PCCG, MSY, Scorptech, IJK, Megaware couple others names escape me.

This gave me a good chuckle

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3118_7-5143923-1.html

Essentially a DREAM PC is only a dream pc until the next round of hardware comes out 3 months later. Enjoy wasting your cash. Even if you're made of money, surely you can use half of that $5000 budget for something else. But if you are set on spending a shitload on a computer then you may as well get the very best available at the time. This is all about e-peen right? Then go for a HD5970 or two, and enjoy having the best of the best for a few months. Then at the end of the year you're going to end up selling them for $200 each and replacing them with a mid range card that performs better, probably uses less power and generates less heat. But if you must have the best then it's all worth it.

as I said on the first page I think to me spending $5k on the machine alone is stupid spending 3k on the box and 2k on things like a big monitor sound system ect is a much better option.

This kid. is either

a) full of shit

b) full of shit

c) a moron who wants to waste 5k.

There really isn't a need to be like that. Hes just a kid with a dream like we all had when we were that age.

as I said on the first page I think to me spending $5k on the machine alone is stupid spending 3k on the box and 2k on things like a big monitor sound system ect is a much better option.

and listen to your elders kid.

He, will not listen this thread irritaes me like sweet potato. Who the fuck thought of that shit? It's not even a propper fucking potato, infact its a distant relative, AND THEY PISS ME OFF TOO always wanting money and a place to crash either way back to sweet potatoes... it hardly suits the delicate texture of a fine lamb roast.