Hi Guys

Recently built the following new pc:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

RAM: G.SKill Ripjaws F3-10666CL7D 4gb

Graphics: XFX Radeon 5770 ($219)

Power Supply: Coolermaster 650w

HDD: Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Anyway I've been attempting to fresh install windows 7 through a IDE dvd drive but I always seem to encounter lag, freezing or various bsods relating to windows system files.

I've attempted resetting the bios, removing extra ram and devices. Trying different windows install discs and two different dvd drives.

Any ideas?

Maybe you should try it with a SATA drive... I tried installing Vista on my old IDE drive a while back and it kept screwing up...Then I got a SATA drive and it installed it with no problem. Try that.

Installing from USB hdd presents similar issues.

Trying to install windows xp at the moment but that is extremely lagging as well.

Alright.

My system has two 2gb ram sticks of the same brand. I took one out and memtest ran fine. However, when I swapped them over the system still didn't crash.

It seems to only crash when I have both sticks in the computer at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks for being the only respondant raradawg :P

I've found the solution now and the system seems to be working. The way we solved it is through checking the ram out and writing down the timings and volt settings.

We manually inputted the ram settings into the bios and the system now runs very stable with no visible performance issues.

what sorta win7 dvd is it? bought or own burnt beta copy? sounds like a shity copy maybe. Or try a different dvd drive mate, that would be my suggestion.