Sign in to follow this  
Rybags

TPG new plans

Obviously those maps aren't always accurate. TPG have told me I'm 1416m from the exchange and that I should be getting ~15.5mbps. I get around 7mbps. Though my SNR is rubbish (about 7) and my attenuation is rubbish too (about 45).

The credit issue got sorted automatically - NFI why they send such a stupid email that gives the impression that either your credit details have been lost and/or you didn't have sufficient funds to satisfy a debit.

TPG have been really hot and cold here, with probably 3 outages ranging 40-90 minutes in under a month. The thing is, you don't know if it's them or some meatball from T$ at the exchange stuffing things up.

The worry I have though is that they could become too popular and just boost the user numbers and let the network capacity suffer as a result.

I've heard TPG have really terrible customer service. What are your experiences? I've been thinking about porting over to TPG as well BUT internode have served me well and the whole email thing really is a royal pain in the arse. This is compared to the ADSL 2+ TPG can offer and the cheap arse rates as well.

In the 4 or so years I've had their ADSL, there's probably been a dozen outage issues that've gone on long enough that I get the shits and phone up.

The thing is - lots of other people would be doing the same. In such cases I've waited up to 10 minutes or so to get through.

In the times I've had to call just for general stuff like account enquiries or asking about plan changing, it's been a minute or three.

As for the people who work there - mixed bag. Some seem clueless and you can tell they're doing the book based script/question thing. Others are on the ball and sort shit quickly.

In the 4 or so years I've had their ADSL, there's probably been a dozen outage issues that've gone on long enough that I get the shits and phone up.

The thing is - lots of other people would be doing the same. In such cases I've waited up to 10 minutes or so to get through.

In the times I've had to call just for general stuff like account enquiries or asking about plan changing, it's been a minute or three.

As for the people who work there - mixed bag. Some seem clueless and you can tell they're doing the book based script/question thing. Others are on the ball and sort shit quickly.

+1

Pity thier normal ADSL plans aren't so great. How is it that ADSL 2 is cheaper than ADSL 1??

I'm with TPG and considering changing over to internode. The offpeak times with TPG is woefull. 4am to 9 am, compared to Internodes 12 am - 12pm.

Pity ADSL2+ isn't available in my area.:(

It's got me buggered... ADSL2+ is downward compatible and works fine if you only have a straight ADSL modem.

On the other hand, some exchanges don't have ADSL2+ yet, so maybe they're charging more to fund upgrades.

hrmmm should i go for the unlimited business plan? or the 160gb

ADSL2+ Unlimited *

$79.99

Unlimited

N/A

* Connection speeds up to 20Mbps between 7am and 7pm and 1Mbps between 7pm and 7am.

The ADSL2+ Unlimited plan is only available in selected ADSL2+ enabled exchanges to business users only. Please use the availability checker at the top to find out whether the ADSL2+ Unlimited plan is available in your area.

A valid ABN/ACN number is required at the time of registration.

OR i could go for

Super Fast Heavy /160GB

$69.99

160GB3 (80GB+80GB)

512K/512K

my max speed is like 500kb/sec so i dont think id be able to smash too much down in the 7am-7pm hours, only like 12gb or so if i was constantly downloading.

actually it seems im capped to 512/512k on the 200gb plan! hopefully this stays and isnt just an error!

Posted Image

TPG any good? I just ditched my Exetel Naked DSL2+ that I've had for a year and a half, 'cause ever since my 12 month contract ran out I've had nothing but problems.

My internet has been down since the 4th of December, and nothing their shitty support team does can fix it... I've tried various modems, phone cables, they sent a tech out once, and he got it working, then it went down the next day...

Anyway, enough about that, it's cancelled now.

I'm looking at regular ADSL2+ with TPG, 120gb for $50 a month.

I'm a heavy online gamer and wondering if anyone has ping issues, or speed issues, etc.

Previously on my Exetel naked connection I was getting 8.5mbit down, 1mbit up (when it was working okay).

I'm sorry to hear that, I've never had any problems with them in the 18months that I've been using them - the modem fucked out on me last week, and I had to replace it, but that's hardly Exetel's fault.

I've noticed absolutely no difference in ping or downloads from Adam. We haven't needed any support from TPG yet, other than getting churned over from Adam ADSL2+ (which took 12 days). So far its well worth it to change over for us because we'll use the extra downloads. :-)

I don't think my uploads have ever been capped, albeit I can manage all of about 100 K/sec.

Just got capped overnight on the offpeak.

So, tonights mission will be to setup some downloads and see if it is in fact 512K.

64 KB/second = ~ 230 Meg per hour = ~ 1.38 Gig for the 6 hour offpeak each day. 6 days till EOM, which means a theoretical 8.3 Gig if maintaining highest possible speed.

Pity thier normal ADSL plans aren't so great. How is it that ADSL 2 is cheaper than ADSL 1??

I'm with TPG and considering changing over to internode. The offpeak times with TPG is woefull. 4am to 9 am, compared to Internodes 12 am - 12pm.

Pity ADSL2+ isn't available in my area.:(

Simple

ADSL 2+ is provided only on their DSLAMS, whereas ADSL is provided through Telstra's hardware.

The costs tend to be a lot less on their own hardware so the plans can be cheaper.

Just got capped overnight on the offpeak.

So, tonights mission will be to setup some downloads and see if it is in fact 512K.

64 KB/second = ~ 230 Meg per hour = ~ 1.38 Gig for the 6 hour offpeak each day. 6 days till EOM, which means a theoretical 8.3 Gig if maintaining highest possible speed.

I was capped a week ago. I used Speedtest.net and it was exactly 512/830 for me, which is more than they claim.

They still don't cap uploads. In the past I've had the piddly 64kbps cap and still been able to upload at around 800.

Although I've had trouble finding sufficient good stuff to put on the overnight queue, I've so far managed to get an extra 5.3 Gig down with 2 nights to go till EOM.

TPG any good?

Firstly use this to see what speeds you can get.

Holy shit! I'm right across the road from one!

...Now why the fuck do I get 3mbps on ADSL2+ with iiNet?

I am 2 blocks from my exchange, I get 24.2 Mbps sync, and I am on the 150GB plan, no peak/off-peak, and my shape speed is 1Mbps synchronous.

I get better than some small businesses when I am shaped.

ive been on optus cable for 7 years and am 500m from the exchange tpg.

And.................................................. ?

I am with TPG and I seem to be the only who isn't happy with these guys.

Well not the only one, there are a few of us on the Whirlpool forums.

Has anyone experienced issues with their connection? What has been your experience with TPG's technical assistance team?

My issue started in September 2009 - still not resolved.

I am with TPG and I seem to be the only who isn't happy with these guys.

Well not the only one, there are a few of us on the Whirlpool forums.

Has anyone experienced issues with their connection? What has been your experience with TPG's technical assistance team?

My issue started in September 2009 - still not resolved.

If you read the whole thread you would have seen that the general consensus is that TPG provide good internet at a good price, but their support is very poor. It's no surprise that some people at wingepool have trouble with their connection, as they most likely did not configure their connection right (or are using D-Link products lol).

If your issue is still not resolved then you must keep chasing it up, as I said their support is woeful, but if you don't chase after them it will never be solved. Once again, TPG are a good ISP if you don't require tech support.

I however looked at signing my sister up with them but as her exchange only has ADSL 1 I decided to go with Internode for her on their Easy Broadband 50gig for $49.95 a month 1.5M/256k speed, as it was a much better deal.