Sign in to follow this  
Rybags

TPG new plans

I am with TPG and I seem to be the only who isn't happy with these guys.

Well not the only one, there are a few of us on the Whirlpool forums.

Has anyone experienced issues with their connection? What has been your experience with TPG's technical assistance team?

My issue started in September 2009 - still not resolved.

If you read the whole thread you would have seen that the general consensus is that TPG provide good internet at a good price, but their support is very poor. It's no surprise that some people at wingepool have trouble with their connection, as they most likely did not configure their connection right (or are using D-Link products lol).

If your issue is still not resolved then you must keep chasing it up, as I said their support is woeful, but if you don't chase after them it will never be solved. Once again, TPG are a good ISP if you don't require tech support.

I however looked at signing my sister up with them but as her exchange only has ADSL 1 I decided to go with Internode for her on their Easy Broadband 50gig for $49.95 a month 1.5M/256k speed, as it was a much better deal.

Funny you should say that, I do have a D-Link product ... I was thinking of getting another modem before my issue began.

I was thinking of getting either a billion or netcom modem, but what do you suggest. Price range is not an issue, just need one with Wireless G and N, while VOIP is not needed at the moment.

I am with TPG and I seem to be the only who isn't happy with these guys.

Well not the only one, there are a few of us on the Whirlpool forums.

Has anyone experienced issues with their connection? What has been your experience with TPG's technical assistance team?

My issue started in September 2009 - still not resolved.

If you read the whole thread you would have seen that the general consensus is that TPG provide good internet at a good price, but their support is very poor. It's no surprise that some people at wingepool have trouble with their connection, as they most likely did not configure their connection right (or are using D-Link products lol).

If your issue is still not resolved then you must keep chasing it up, as I said their support is woeful, but if you don't chase after them it will never be solved. Once again, TPG are a good ISP if you don't require tech support.

I however looked at signing my sister up with them but as her exchange only has ADSL 1 I decided to go with Internode for her on their Easy Broadband 50gig for $49.95 a month 1.5M/256k speed, as it was a much better deal.

UPDATE: My sisters modem arrived to day from internode, and living up to their reputation of great service, the modem was already setup for her to use. All she had to do was plug it in and she was online. (I went over and checked her security settings and all was well). :)

*Sorry to the op for the off topic post*

...Now why the fuck do I get 3mbps on ADSL2+ with iiNet?

This on an Iinet DSLAM? Then either a problem with your modem/setup or the DSLAM port, unless everyone on your exchange has been capped at 3Mbit due to lack of backhaul.

Post your modem stats, attenuation, SNR, max attainable rate etc.