.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

The Atomic Overclocking Guide - EOI, ideas and management

I thought I'd kick off another thread for discussion, instead of pulling the last one further off-topic.

This thread is first and foremost about expressing interest in contributing to the project. Contributions may be in the form of one or more of the following:

- Proof reading

- Writing sections of the guide

- Scouting for information sources

- Suggesting topics to cover

- Taking photographs of hardware, or screenshots of software

- Checking originality of contributions

- Testing of guide material on relevant hardware

If you would like to participate, post below, and outline what roles you're capable of taking on. The current list of participants are as follows:

Cyb3rGlitch - Editor

Electr0 - Writer

Fat_Bodybuilder - Writer

mudg3 - Writer

nesquick - Writer/proof reading

---

If there are any concerns about contributors or their roles, please let me know.

Meanwhile, we need to sort out some major issues. Firstly, how will this document be published? Should it be formatted within a separate thread, or would a 3rd party CMS be best e.g. a wiki? Also, how will the team collaborate their information? At the moment I'm thinking Google Wave, but I'd like to hear from others first. I have 25 invites if you don't already have access. Lastly, how large of a scope do we want the guide to encompass? Overclocking is quite broad, so it's possible that people will want to write about GPU overclocking, volt modding, extreme cooling techniques, etc. I'm all for that if people are interested.

That should be it for the time being. I'll write up a few tips on writing technical guides in the near future, so we can ensure the guide is easy to read and follow. Now sign up and do your part! :)

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

The answer is simple imo, we need 4 people to write their own guides and then they get edited and or buffed up.

we would need:

Core i7 1366 D0 chips

Core i7 1156 i5/i7 (these are a little more different to the 1366 chips in terms of voltage and other settings)

Socket 775 core 2 duo/quad chips

Socket AM2+/3 chips

I propose we make nesquick the editor, owner, sole proprieter to.

<.<

>.>

Edited by nesquick

The theory between the 1366 and 1156 chips is very similar. We want to minimise overlapping of information. We can use my i7 guide as a basis both both, which will save a lot of time. I'm also thinking we should separate the practical sections from the theory. Otherwise it's too much to take in for beginners.

What roles are you interested in?

o.O I can have a part in it? :D umm what would you like help with? I have overclocked pretty much everything as you know.

I'd be keen to help if possible. Anything 1366/1156/775/ AM2+ going back to 939's and 478's

:)

Edited by mudg3

Sure well I'm up for anything depending on how much interest this generates.

I'd be in favour of a wiki for ease of use and navigation.

The issue with just a single thread would obviously be the massive amount of information on a couple of chips and gpu's. Or would it be better to give 775 overclocking and i7/i5 ect: overclocking there own thread?

I'd be in favour of a wiki for ease of use and navigation.

The issue with just a single thread would obviously be the massive amount of information on a couple of chips and gpu's. Or would it be better to give 775 overclocking and i7/i5 ect: overclocking there own thread?

A wiki could be a good way to work it, only problem is that anyone can edit it - as far as i know.

The principle of overclocking is the same for everything, it's just the methods that would vary from cpu to cpu.

I think we need a dictionary / glossary to clear up some of the jargon. I've only oc-ed my i7 (so i don't have much experiance) but when I started that's what was hardest to work out - what everything meant and what it does. From then on it just change setting, check for stability, repeat.

I could have a go at that?

I've updated the OP with contributors and their roles. If you would like to do something else, or you want to bow out, let me know.

Spread the word, the more the merrier!

i doubt i can be of much help but if you need something let me know

Well people like Dasa anyway is a good thing.

yes and no

im sure as hell no author and my oc knowledge is currently limited to older hardware

but i have done a few rough vmods to psu\mb\gpu and used a bit of diy watercooling over the years but its probably a bit hard to get into any of that with the guide there is just to much to cover other to provide links to several other things

what about an aftermarket cooling section of air and water? as that goes hand in hand with overclocking.

I guess we could do that though it would be abit more work.

Ok im fairly new to this but i got the basics down, be happy to help, i'v done some re search on what's good and what's not good. so far i'v overclocked: pentum D 915, pentium 4, and celerons. also a

AMD fenom x4 (didn't work so well for me) All on air though no water experience :( maby one day, sorry if i'm speeking shit i'm abit drunk. getting a c2d E8500 gona overclock the shit out of it without burning the shit out of it (need more money.) :)

Well I'll be doing abit of writing tomorrow and some more overclocking so ill document how things go and take some screenies.

Have we decided how we are going to share information?

Not yet. You can start writing if you want, but I haven't assigned parts yet, so it could get messy. I'm going to write up a skeleton document so we can work on the structure of the guide first. i.e. the main sections and headings. Then it's a matter of filling in the blanks.

mmmm i think i'll leave it to people that know what there doing, i would help but me spelling and stuff ain't so good :)

any way sorry for false addvatising seee really bad didn't think first (drinks) i'll leave it at that.

Not yet. You can start writing if you want, but I haven't assigned parts yet, so it could get messy. I'm going to write up a skeleton document so we can work on the structure of the guide first. i.e. the main sections and headings. Then it's a matter of filling in the blanks.

Yeah thats fine man. I was planning on doing abit of i7 stuff even though I know you've done a quite extensive right up already.

Might also if possible team up with nesquick seeing as he has a AMD rig at present and do some writing on that.