.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

The Atomic Overclocking Guide - EOI, ideas and management

Hey guys just wondering how the tutorial's coming along?

I worked on abit and did a few pages. But this really never cool off.

You mean 'took off' right? :P

No one PM'ed me their details, then I got busy, so didn't bother to chase people up. Then I just forgot about it. :/

its still going to happen right?

i can see this become a highly valued sticky!

I was hoping it was there doesn't appear to be any 'tutorials' on OCing that I could find via the search function... 26 pages of people ocing just no tutorials. Any recommendations out there for a easy to understand 775 oc tutorial? or someone want to mentor me :D

I was hoping it was there doesn't appear to be any 'tutorials' on OCing that I could find via the search function... 26 pages of people ocing just no tutorials. Any recommendations out there for a easy to understand 775 oc tutorial? or someone want to mentor me :D

Make a thread and we'll run you through what you need to do.

And yeah I mean "took off". I started a new job so really didnt have time.

Nevermind, didn't read through the comments before posting

Edited by barbatus

I would be happy to contribute, I feel the mag/forums are lacking good over-clockers. The magazine has been lacking good quality articles for a long time. Anything that was in it was either grossly wrong or biased. The forums have plenty who dabble but not many I would say are seasoned. I am not saying I am a legend at it but I know my stuff and have a good Bull-Shit detector.

My strongest areas are s775/771 as well as some i5/i7. Water cooling, air and Phase-change. Very good with hardware in all forms.

I don't care much for extreme over-clocks, they are nice to have but they are not realistic. 24/7 over-clocks that the average reader/gamer can do and manage is the key. OCAU was once good for it but has now blown out to set of forums devoted to everything but overclocking, then add a user-base that seems to be full of keyboard warriors and idiots with no-clue but plenty of bad/dangerous advice.

Just my 2 cents.

NP

Edited by Nasty-Pastie

I'm reasonably familiar with lynnfield and would happily review and put forward any corrections that I saw necessary if required. I think other more educated people like miahallen have already beaten me to writing a good OC guide. I'm familiar with the ASUS bios too, as opposed to the Gigabyte so I can provide their synonyms for terms etc if required.

These forums certainly need one. Too many plebs running stock. Gotta get their moneys worth! :p

@pastie, you can still push the limit on a 24/7 oc. Minimal voltage for the OC to be stable. Realistically most people will be cooling limited, so a guide to stop on temps is fine. Very few here have the gear to actually be limited by their chip and those who do aren't stupid enough to give it 1.7v without thinking about it. I don't think anyones suggesting a phase/ln2 guide here, just an air/water guide. I'd argue how dangerous the advice is also. Current gen intel chips are pretty damn robust + RMA.

Edited by turk

What a fantastic idea. Cant wait to read what your great combined minds come up with.

So far, nothing! :P

we don't really need a guide with specific setup combo's as people should really read up and know what the fuck it is they are doing before going into the bios to change heaps of settings.

just my 2c

if people want a general overview of the technologies they can just go to the guide you wrote plus other sources.