Sign in to follow this  
King_TriTAN

A game that finally uses the Wiimote properly?

This could be cool to get for the kids and then I suddenly realised the inherit problem with the Wii, a wiimote properly used is exhaustive.

The waggle is such a killer for the Wii, it's good to see a game try to use it like it was advertised, but for the adults I think Red Steel 2 we'll have to wait for.

I tried Red Steel 2 at a conference back in August. I wasn't impressed.

As for Wiiwaa... I can see that being a bit of fun. I wonder where a nunchuk would protrude from if it supported the nunchuk too ;P

I tried Red Steel 2 at a conference back in August. I wasn't impressed.

I've heard this, something that makes me infinitely sad. What was it that was unimpressive?

Despite using motion plus, I still think I was moving too fast or in a way that the remote didn't recognise.

2. I still don't think FPS works on a Wii with the remote and nunchuk.

Despite using motion plus, I still think I was moving too fast or in a way that the remote didn't recognise.

That one line makes me incredibly sad, so it didn't feel like you were holding or swinging a sword?

I agree 100% with this. When it was demoed in front of me a while back, the guy showing it to us couldn't get the in-game character to do what he wanted, with regards to chops, slices, shooting akimbo style or even opening the doors. Later when I went back and played it, I could see why. It just felt sloppy, exactly as you described, not at all fluid like the fencing/food chopping-slice-off-thingo is in WiiSports Resort.

I see they've changed where the Wiimote goes in. I saw the video for this a few months ago and they just had the wiimote being inserted from underneath.....

I agree 100% with this. When it was demoed in front of me a while back, the guy showing it to us couldn't get the in-game character to do what he wanted, with regards to chops, slices, shooting akimbo style or even opening the doors. Later when I went back and played it, I could see why. It just felt sloppy, exactly as you described, not at all fluid like the fencing/food chopping-slice-off-thingo is in WiiSports Resort.

That's such a shame, it was the only Wii game I was looking forward too. Though the Wii still has Mario Galaxy 2 and the new metroid which I'm not convinced of yet.