Jeff Spicoli

What Are You Cooking?

Tonight I made chicken schnitzel burgers.. fucking delish!!!

Cut some chicken breast into smaller pieces and flattened them out with the tenderiser and breadcrumbed them.. fried them up and chucked them into a bun with some lettuce, cheese, beetroot, tomato, carrot and bacon ...mmmmmmmmmmm

DEV - Yeah, the pear and parsnip is pretty good. Not for everyone, some people don't like the mix of sweet and savory, but I do. And the blue cheese caps it off nicely, and it isn't a soup without a bit of pepper in it.

Today I've got to do something with bok choy, spinach, spring onions, red capsicum, asparagus and zucchini. I'm not sure what yet. I've also got a teeny bit of snapper fillet that might have to be worked in as well. I'm lost on what to do. Stir fry would be easy enough - but what if any sauce to make? Then again I really am in a soup-y phase at the moment and I think you could make a good soup out of all that with some chicken or vege stock... or I could make a boiled/steamed fish curry (although there really isn't enough fish to balance out all the veges that need to be used, and I'm not great at curry that isn't made from powder from a tin).

Suggestions?

Edited by tantryl

My favourite recipe which is dead simple;

chicken legs

honey

soy sauce

garlic (if you like it).

Mix honey soy and garlic. pour over chicken, put in fridge for 30 minutes (Shake up a bit during that time). Heat oven to 180c, put in chicken with sauce, flip the chicken every 15 minutes. Should finish in 45mins to 1 hour. Best served with steamed rice.

Best bachelor meal when you can't have nachos for another night in a row.

Some kind of vegetable tart, maybe? Or tortilla. Risotto.

Mmm, all good options. Now I'm more confused!

I might go with some kind of flour tortilla wrap (home made) and leave the spinach fresh, make a well sliced and diced stir fly of the rest to spoon in.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

No, I mean Spanish-style tortilla. Like a big omelette. With all that stuff in it.

You mean a Frittata?

Baked some chicken theighs in olive oil seasoned with salt, chilli flakes and cayenne pepper, then sliced them up and ate them with a sliced up cold boiled egg slapped in the middle of two damper rolls.

Twas a little dry with the roll (bought them yesterday so a tiny bit stale), but seeing that the only sauce/ condiment i have at the moment is asian style chilli sauce that you get at yum cha. I felt it best to refrain from its use.

Not a big fan of the Spanish tortilla or any kind of omelette. And it's rare I go for a frittata. For some reason the scrambled eggy based products don't appeal to me, which is odd because I really like scrambled eggs.

I'm going to go with the flour tortilla idea though.

I don't mean frittata. I mean tortilla. That's what the Spanish call the dish with the obscene amount of eggs and fun fillings such as asparagus, spinach and so on.

But yeah, some sort of vegetarian burrito could be a whole lot of fun. Make your own salsa or avocado sauce. Like this: http://christaylorsrecipes.blogspot.com/20...vocado-dip.html

Lamb souvlaki and salad.

ohh yum!

Haven't had one in ages!!!

Easy if you marinade it the night before..........just chuck it on the BBQ when you get home.

I often forget though.........

Lamb souvlaki and salad.

ohh yum!

Haven't had one in ages!!!

Easy if you marinade it the night before..........just chuck it on the BBQ when you get home.

I often forget though.........

/makes mental note to buy lamb and souvlaki gear when i go shopping next