- TinBane

- unclebigdave

- .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

- _sentinel

* = This week's submission posted!

New posters this week:

- JediKnight

- segger

The idea is to get us to get out there and take photos, so nothing from your archive.

Edited by CokeMan

Have finally gotten off my arse and had my car lowered and I also removed the boot spoiler (who the f... puts a spoiler on a calais???!!!). Oh, and did the bi-annual wash (half a wash anyway).

Anyway; I messed around in Aperture a little to give the shot a bit more impact I guess. I think I might have overdone it a smidge, but I still like it so that's what counts to me.

Posted Image

I captured this little fella about an hour ago. I haven't seen a Praying Mantis for a long time so I was happy to be able to capture a good image of him/her :)

I used Macro mode, and it was a very acute angle I was taking the shot from, and in low light, so I used a flash. Turned out pretty well considering.

Posted Image

I captured this little fella about an hour ago. I haven't seen a Praying Mantis for a long time so I was happy to be able to capture a good image of him/her :)

I used Macro mode, and it was a very acute angle I was taking the shot from, and in low light, so I used a flash. Turned out pretty well considering.

Posted Image

Awesome. Reminds me of a macro shot I took. It was also at a weird angle.

Whilst it was not taken this week, it is worth posting it here.

Posted Image

Have finally gotten off my arse and had my car lowered and I also removed the boot spoiler (who the f... puts a spoiler on a calais???!!!). Oh, and did the bi-annual wash (half a wash anyway).

Anyway; I messed around in Aperture a little to give the shot a bit more impact I guess. I think I might have overdone it a smidge, but I still like it so that's what counts to me.

The colours in this shot combine nicely, but is it just me or is there a bit of a blue cast to it?

I'd also have opened the aperture a bit wider, or stopped it down so the background is either more unfocused or much sharper.

Not that I have any decent images to post to give me the right to comment :-p

The colours in this shot combine nicely, but is it just me or is there a bit of a blue cast to it?

I'd also have opened the aperture a bit wider, or stopped it down so the background is either more unfocused or much sharper.

Not that I have any decent images to post to give me the right to comment :-p

Thanks for the feedback. It does have a blue tinge to it now that you mention it :p I did forget to take off the polarising filter as well. There was probably not to much light left in the day to have it on come to think about it. The aperture was as wide as the kit lens (18-55) would allow :\ It's ok though because my nifty fifty should be arriving in the post sometime this week, woohoo!! Looking forward to messing around with a big aperture on a prime lens

Edit : forgot to mention I also picked up a Tamron 70-300mm for $177 at Harvey Norman today. For a price like that I thought how could I not buy it? Photography might just become another expensive hobby for me I think...

Edited by gabber

Guess it's time to pop my cherry here.

Random shot of a friend at NYE festivities. For some reason the photo pleases me and it's not the male subject :-p

Framing is a little poor but cut me some slack - my skills weren't spot on by the time I took the shot. Loving the Nikon 35mm f1.8.

Posted Image