Sign in to follow this  
800_series

PS3 DualShock 3 Issue

Been having a couple of issues with the DS3 since I got the PS3. When I turn the PS3 on via the PS button, the controller for some reason, fails to connect to the console, even though it has turned it on.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how they solved it.

(That is, aside from the obvious "turn it on at the button" response)

I've had a similar issue. Starting up the console from the controller, but the lights on the controller continue to flash.

To solve it, I just keep the PS button held down until the XMB comes up. Usually by then it's recognised the controller and I'm right to go. Whilst the PS3 is still on (say watching a movie) it's just a short press on the PS button to get the controller to come back on and be connected.

Sometimes if I am too quick with the PS button particularly while I am moving around it happens, but if I stand/sit still and hold the button in till I hear the beep and the process starts all is well {:)

Been having a couple of issues with the DS3 since I got the PS3. When I turn the PS3 on via the PS button, the controller for some reason, fails to connect to the console, even though it has turned it on.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how they solved it.

(That is, aside from the obvious "turn it on at the button" response)

Have you been plugging in other bluetooth devices like a remote or using the controller on a different ps3 machine? I've had this problem and for some reason after doing this my ps3 will not recognise the controller, it'll just keep blinking.

What I do is connect it via the USB. once its recognised, next time you turn off and then on again, the problem will have gone away - At least for me it did.

Wow this is interesting to hear, I've never actually powered up from the console itself except to reset the video output and I have never had a problem.

12345 is on the money. My Logitech Mouse and Keyboard are all bluetooth, and sit near the PS3, and I swear they bork the DS3 sometimes.

So yeah, plug the DS3 in via the USB, and turn the console on. So often that is enough. Otherwise, grab a paperclip and press the little reset button on the back of the DS3, and then plug it in via USB and turn the console on to totally reset things.

I might have to reset it and see if that helps.

The controller seems to do it once it drops a bar of battery or so, and it's a little weird when it does it.

No other peripherals nearby either, except for the Wireless Arcade stick for Tekken, however when I was using this, the controller turned the PS3 on every time (as the Arcade stick connected via a USB dongle, making the DS3 controller no. 2)

Thanks for the advice guys.

Edited by 800_series

How old is your DS3? I got mine in May 2008 and I am figuring it will need new batteries soon. If yours is that old it may be having power issues? Have you tried reregistering it with the PS3 and a USB cable?

D

It works re-registering it, so if I connect it via the cable it starts working again.

I've only had it since I got the PS3, and that was in November.

It works re-registering it, so if I connect it via the cable it starts working again.

I've only had it since I got the PS3, and that was in November.

Hmmm, then I doubt it's the batteries. Maybe as the others stated, it's other Bluetooth devices?

D

Television remote control. Holding the PS button is one solution.

Edited by insot

It is windy outside and my door is closed, there is a ceiling fan and pedestal fan on blowing cool air at my console and i am forced to take the tv remote out of the room switch the fans off before my console will detect the dual shock 3 controller. Does anyone know if Sony is aware of this technical issue with the hardware?