orinjuse

Honeymoon destinations

As some of you may know, about six months ago Atomic's own Ambrosia agreed to my proposal of marriage. We're not planning on actually getting married for another four years or so, and neither of us actually want much of a wedding (we're seriously considering eloping to Las Vegas), but our honeymoon plans have come up in conversation a number of times.

So far, we've got two main destinations in mind; South America, taking in spots like Machu Picchu and the Nazca Lines in Peru, some Mayan sites in Guatemala, Teotihuacan in Mexico, etc; or Egypt, with the Valley of the Kings, the Pyramids, the temples at Karnak, etc.

I'd also be keen to go to somewhere like Svalbard or central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, etc), but I'm open to ideas or suggestions of things to do/see in the locations we've got in mind.

So where did you folk go on your honeymoon, where are you planning to go, or where would you like to go?

i'd like to honeymoon in the snowfields, but that's just me.

Somewhere in Canadia for me. None of this party island tropics stuff.

Why go somewhere interesting

Surely on your honeymoon you should have other things on your mind besides sightseeing?

Back drop for the videos ;o)

Most people wan't to do more than just "other things" with their partner, especially since the whole abstinence thing doesn't really happen anymore.

Surely on your honeymoon you should have other things on your mind besides sightseeing?

like what to do with the three new blenders you got as wedding presents

Bruges

It's in Belgium ;)

It's a fucking fairy tale town.

Kind of an old fashioned thought. I'm fairly sure what you're thinking of won't be a new and exciting passtime four years hence. Edited by tantryl

Will it blend?

We went to Hideaway Island in Vanuatu for a week, partly paid for by others.

Was real nice.

We struck variable weather days, but it did include a couple of real nice sunny paradise-type days, sweet.

Some really nice snorkelling around there.

Not cheap, but worthwhile and memorable.

If you go to Egypt, then it's easy & cheap to go around the rest of Europe as well.

Interesting geography.

Urgh, yeh.

Bundled it in with Europe because of how cheap it is to get there from Europe.

I guess you could do the rest of North Africa, then Europe if you wanted.

Kind of an old fashioned thought. I'm fairly sure what you're thinking of won't be a new and exciting passtime four years hence.

So, by what you are saying, after 4 years of having sex with just one person it gets boring?

Why bother getting married then

Don't laugh - Sister ended up with 4 identical toasters for her second wedding. Not that her Little Brother had much to do with this, of course... (Bitch retaliated by giving them back for Christmas presents that year, though).

Aaaanyway, the OP. Nup, personally reckon an Australian honeymoon and put the dollars away.

Memories of your honeymoon shouldn't need to be associated with far-off distant lands. Unless you've worn each other out by then and need something else do do...

Brazil.

Or so I'm trying to impress on the future missus, anyway. I've told her it's either that or Wales :p

Kind of an old fashioned thought. I'm fairly sure what you're thinking of won't be a new and exciting passtime four years hence.

So, by what you are saying, after 4 years of having sex with just one person it gets boring?

Why bother getting married then

In a round about way, I suppose. Far less cynically though. It's proven - passion fades. Sex doesn't necessarily get boring, but that's a possibility. But the likelihood of having a marathon sex session for a weekend or even a week is considerably less unless you haven't seen one another for a long period of time beforehand, from personal experience.

And if you think the only reason to get married is for more exciting sex... well... that's just weird.

We went the Whitsunday way, had a great time. If you're not getting married for 4 years why wait until then to go to all the awesome places you want to go. If you elope it might be different but personally after planning a wedding and stuff I didn't want to anything but lie by a pool.