Sign in to follow this  
UserInterface

Firefox, always wants flash installed..

I have been using Firefox for about a year now, and it always wants flash installed (all versions 8, 9, 10)

I go to adobe and download, close firefox and install.. then when I go back to a site it asks me to install again.. wtf.. I am sick of having to use IE... anyone know why this happens?

happens on all my computers, multiple installs of windows... I have even tried firefox beta but still same issue...

Try Flash 10.1 beta:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

It has the added bonus of being GPU accelerated.

I have downloaded that, I don't get it... it is in programs and features, and if i go to the flash site i can see the vid, just sites don't load..

right now I am trying - http://avatar.mcdonalds.com/local/en-au/Default.aspx , don't ask...

but will try any other site, if it will prove that i just have bad luck with sites..

Try Flash 10.1 beta:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

It has the added bonus of being GPU accelerated.

thats odd, I realised that that was beta 2, I had 1 before.. and now that link works (with that site at least, will try others over the next few days)

I still don't know why it has never worked for the last year...

I am going to rpp to work, and try it there to..

works on the beta at work to.. was that a common problem with Firefox before?

BTW, thanks for the extremely fast reply!

I am using FF with Shockwave flash 10.0.32.18 plugin and the link you supplied runs fine for me. You are also running the latest version of FF yes ?

Edited by bowiee

I am using FF with Shockwave flash 10.0.32.18 plugin and the link you supplied runs fine for me. You are also running the latest version of FF yes ?

I am running about 3 different versions at the moment, so far 2 work with that link ( the 3rd is my HTPC that can wait till I get a chance)

but I still don't understand why I have had issues for so long..

normally I go to a site and it says download (whatever version of..) flash, I follow the link and download..

I then run the exe, and it will then open a download manager and download and install the real file/version once that is done I get a message that says close download manager, I do that, then I get told to restart firefox... that is the process I go through every time.. and every time it finishes, I get told to start all over again.. normally I don't have time to post the question so I just paste it in IE and follow the prompts..

Is it just me that have had troubles? I did a quick search and there were no issues that stood out as the same problem...

I wish that I checked what version I was running before using that link...

The thing these days is the number of sites using Flash ads (like Atomicmpc) so you'll always get some plug to install some Flash plug-in.

I think you will find you need the install_flash_player_ax install, not the install_flash_player one.

That is what I found with my recent rebuild.