Sign in to follow this  
iamthemaxx

Google's Nexus

One other thing to mention, I like the little notification bar at the top of the screen, you can pull it down to see SMSs, emails etc.

It'd be nice if it was touch(click)able rather than hold and drag, as you can tend to miss SMSs if you aren't careful.

Or alternatively have something like the jesusphone number on the homepage icon.

Try out the app Handcent SMS. It will pop up a modal box with the message text and a quick reply box (this can be disabled). It also provides a home page icon that counts unread SMSs.

I think the touchpad thing is Android based, cause with the Facebook app (for eg) the keyboard works fine.

i went out and bought myself an iphone only to discover how locked into the apple experience you are

come on it wont let you watch movies that arent apple or youtube over wifi

btw it was the 32gb one and it went for a swim and doesnt work now so i use my old lg and the only thing i dont miss is the music player

how locked in with the google phone are you?

You can pretty much do whatever you want with the Nexus One. Android is open source.

+1. Different ROM's, custom apps, themes and functions. Sold unlocked in the US online through google.

i went out and bought myself an iphone only to discover how locked into the apple experience you are

come on it wont let you watch movies that arent apple or youtube over wifi

btw it was the 32gb one and it went for a swim and doesnt work now so i use my old lg and the only thing i dont miss is the music player

how locked in with the google phone are you?

http://www.apple.com/webapps/utilities/swi...olguidepro.html

To Early?

To edit or create a new access point

If you and your wireless service provider determine that you need to change the settings of your current access point name (APN) or to create a new one, you must obtain the APN and detailed settings from your provider.

Press Home , press Menu , and touch Settings to open the Settings application.

Touch Wireless controls > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.

Touch an existing APN to edit it. Or press Menu and touch New APN.

Enter the APN settings that you obtained from your wireless service provider by touching each setting that you need to edit.

When you're finished, press Menu and touch Save.

If you created a new APN, touch it in the APNs screen to start using it.

For those using unapproved telcos.

Besides, iTunes is lacking in a number of areas and it means you are suffering from major vendor lock in.

I'm not so concerned about a "vendor lock in" but you're correct in saying that iTunes lacks a lot of features, and those that it has I find are poor implementations of the idea.

Just powered mine up a few hours ago,

looks pretty promising for me who is an old windows mobile fan but went back to canybar for the last 24months because not much could really cut it as a buisness tool or even integrate properly

decent unit, miss on quality fit and finish a bit tho

will post more thoughts as I have time to explore the unit

cheers

Bwahahaha! Funny how Engadget's multi-touch demo shows the Nexus One loading their website really fast, yet in their review, they made every effort to point out how slow it was compared the the iPhone, with video of it taking ages. Someone should tell them that testing a device on one site, with one trial, isn't very scientific. :)

And woot for multi-touch! Too bad I can't justify the price of getting a smartphone of this calibre. :(

Hey guys I need a new phone,

Nexus One is on my list..

I have an original Iphone and it gives me the shits.. Anyway I'm not interested in flaming a product or w/e

All i wanted to ask was does Nexus One work on Australian 3G networks?

I hear contrasting answers on various sites.

From what I understand it should work on Optus and Vodafone 3G but not on Telstra Next G? Is this correct? If so that's fine.

Edited by Bundy

Hey guys I need a new phone,

Nexus One is on my list..

I have an original Iphone and it gives me the shits.. Anyway I'm not interested in flaming a product or w/e

All i wanted to ask was does Nexus One work on Australian 3G networks?

I hear contrasting answers on various sites.

From what I understand it should work on Optus and Vodafone 3G but not on Telstra Next G? Is this correct? If so that's fine.

The current bands it uses are UTMS 900/2100Mhz or 850/1900/2100 MHz

So if you can you can use it on all the networks. Just check which bands it uses and go with the ones that your carrier uses. I'm with Vodafone atm. Works fine.

Hey thanks for the response guys,

I am still reading up it's a big expenditure for me at least.

Does anyone know any good sites or prices from the UK?

$899?

I have a friend in Canada who could order it straight from google for me for about 600, any reason why I couldn't unlock this phone myself?

Unlocking apparently voids warranty anyway.

Hmm wan't to get something engraved on it but I guess it would hurt the phone if i want to sell it. ><

Edited by Bundy