Sign in to follow this  
iamthemaxx

Google's Nexus

Unlocking doesn't void warranty, as Google themselves sell unlocked Nexus Ones. It's the rooting process and installing a modded ROM that voids the warranty.

But most people would at least try and revert back to a stock ROM before they lodge a warranty claim anyway.

Unlocking doesn't void warranty, as Google themselves sell unlocked Nexus Ones. It's the rooting process and installing a modded ROM that voids the warranty.

But most people would at least try and revert back to a stock ROM before they lodge a warranty claim anyway.

I am running a Nexus One with a HTC Desire ROM (Which is basically the same). My phone is from Hong Kong.

Need to get a case for the phone now.

How are you finding the alternative ROM?

Not too bad. Occasional program crash but generally pretty good. Do find that the screen sometimes doesn't respond to my touch if not placed correctly.

I want to play with the nexus, but as I just bought an iPhone last month, I can't justify it.

Might have to wait until Meet X and play with some friendly atomican's device, and then have a go at their Nexus!

So how much are you guys paying for your Nexii?

I'm keen as hell, but it'd need to be on an installment plan (<$15/mo) for me to afford it.

I'll definitely be getting a Nexus, I like the platform. Have had a good play with it in the emulator. It's also a smart phone that can actually run more than one app at a time.

From a dev point of view I far prefer Java than the the awful objective c, it reads like somebody through up ascii all over the place, take C and add Perl and all it's awful syntax and you have objective c.

Doesn't Android sync with Google contacts/calendar out of the box? Contacts/Calendar syncs with my current Nokia E71 fine.

http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt

This app looks promising.

Yeah i like double twist and it also imports all your playlists from itunes and WMP can you sync straight to your nexus one

I love my nexus one.

Once unlocked and rooted (which was easy to do) opens up huge possibilities.

Currently have Desire rom alpha21 installed which is very stable and i love.

Can use the app market enabler to download paid apps if your optus. (only on rooted)

Using double twist to sync with the phone.

Love the live feeds i have on my home screens.

Can use app2SD to use as much as your SD card as required to hold apps. (Only on rooted)

A lot of the larger apps will also store a lot of the app data on the sd even if your not using app2sd.

Setting up wired and wireless tether is incredibly easy to do. (only on rooted ph)

Google will honour warranty on rooted ph providing ph is not dead as direct result of software stuff up (Rom etc)

My girlfriend has the jailbroken 3GS and i am glad i went with the nexus one much prefer it. There even skin/theme to make it act/work like iphone, not that i want that.

Over all absolutely love it.

Edited by russty1978