Cummings

Moderation etiquette.

I'm actually fairly pleased with how the mods have been going the past few months. Seems to be a lot more fair, standardised and across-the-board recently.

Keep it up!

can we start mod bashing now?

dibs on CyberGlitch

Yeah, that Cyb3rGlitch dude is such a prick!

Cyb3rGlitch I don't think that's appropriate to mock other people on these forums especially a mod, lolz (joking)!!!

I've noticed that unless that post is removed when the forums are very very quiet, people tend to ask what happened to posts and why they got removed and then people ask what was said and it gets derailed anyway.

You also don't notice those times where posts get removed quickly and quietly, with perhaps a PM to the offender in question, and no-one says anything about it.

I've noticed that unless that post is removed when the forums are very very quiet, people tend to ask what happened to posts and why they got removed and then people ask what was said and it gets derailed anyway.

You also don't notice those times where posts get removed quickly and quietly, with perhaps a PM to the offender in question, and no-one says anything about it.

Yes when that happens it's a job well done for the moderators, as the mafia say,"I don't know nothing!"

Mods are doing fine, I only have a problem when mods get "HURR IM A MOD" on people.

Otherwise all good :)

I think there should be more baiting and trolling by Mods.

It really keeps the forum ticking over.

They don't need to.

You and I do that job quite well.

I'm actually fairly pleased with how the mods have been going the past few months. Seems to be a lot more fair, standardised and across-the-board recently.

Keep it up!

The mods are just getting more conservative, and agreeing with your viewpoints on ideas. You're just not noticing... fucking christian fundamentalist that you are.

Ok, in seriousness, the majority of mods do a fantastic job the majority of times... And it is appreciated by the majority of members. :)

Mods are doing fine, I only have a problem when mods get "HURR IM A MOD" on people.

Otherwise all good :)

Agreed. Luckily this has only happened in a minority of cases. Still too often... But what more could we ask for.....? Apart from better mods.... Hmm.

edit: formatting

Edited by Caelum

But what more could we ask for.....? Apart from better mods.... Hmm.

I'm sorry, I just don't have time.

Rob.

Keep it up!

The mods are just getting more conservative, and agreeing with your viewpoints on ideas. You're just not noticing... fucking christian fundamentalist that you are.

Bah. Go back to your skyclad solstice ceremony, devil worshipper!

When I log an alt I forgot about until I was just reading the archives and remembered!

nice postcount on this!

-_-

I still hate you'se for taking the ones off this ><

/end off topic, this aint no general chat

But what more could we ask for.....? Apart from better mods.... Hmm.

I'm sorry, I just don't have time.

Rob.

*imagines Robzy as a Mod, realises there is no God* :P

Just to clarify, when a report is made, it is received and usually read by every mod. Unfortunately, with the move to V3, the mod tools went backwards in terms of RTMs, while everything else seemed to move forwards. The mod team has to put a fair amount of time as individuals, into checking the RTMs and what has been acted on, every time they log in to mod, which all adds up. There isn't a simple way of letting the end user know when their report has been read. There isn't a simple way to let people know that we haven't acted on their report, and experience tells me doing so would just start a tiresome pm back and forward.

We try and leave notes in threads where posts are removed. That's why you usually see "Posts removed, keep it on topic" posted by a mod in such situations. Sometimes though, mods will remove something when they don't have time to annotate, etc and deem it better to act than to leave it to the next mod.