Sign in to follow this  
solomona

Wireless Net

Im building a computer as you probably know (asked at least 1 to 200 questions).. Which part do i need to include on my 'list' so that i can recieve wireless internet?

Im building a computer as you probably know (asked at least 1 to 200 questions).. Which part do i need to include on my 'list' so that i can recieve wireless internet?

Wireless internet on your main box ? The one you are gaming on ? If so I do not recommend it as you will find that online gaming can lag at crucial times during the game. I recommend wireless at home for laptops only.

It's much easier and more stable for gaming on line to have a direct connection to the net.

okay well im not gaming but i do guess a line will still be better than wireless (i wasnt thinking).. Is there a part for that connection that i wil need?

okay well im not gaming but i do guess a line will still be better than wireless (i wasnt thinking).. Is there a part for that connection that i wil need?

If you already have a modem or modem/router the required network cable should have come with it, looks like this (but may be yellow or red) and plugs into your network adapter on your mother board from your modem or modem/router. Edited by bowiee

oh okay yeah too easy.. so its off the back of the mobo.. i didnt know whether it would be in the case or had to buy it etc.. but off the mb, cheers!