Sign in to follow this  
llmoose

What does everyone use for their disc authoring needs?

I previously used Nero as it was easy to point and click but now with Nero 9 being bloated to 2gb I think I should find something else. I don't use most of the functions that come with nero, only Nerovision for making DVD movies and Nero Express/Burning rom. What good alternatives are there? Google yielded way too many options which I'm sure alot of are dodgy. Ideally I would like something that can reasonably quick and easily handle turning x264, divx, etc into DVD movies and burn them.

I previously used Nero as it was easy to point and click but now with Nero 9 being bloated to 2gb I think I should find something else. I don't use most of the functions that come with nero, only Nerovision for making DVD movies and Nero Express/Burning rom. What good alternatives are there? Google yielded way too many options which I'm sure alot of are dodgy. Ideally I would like something that can reasonably quick and easily handle turning x264, divx, etc into DVD movies and burn them.

ImgBurn is the most highly praised around here and it's free ImgBurn I however use Ashampoo Burning Studio but it is not free, but is very easy to use and is very light as well, and has many features.

Ashampoo Burning Studio

Well I'm now using ConvertXtoDVD & DVDflick for my dvd movies. I just need something simple for burning data and music discs. I think I might just install an old Nero 7 or 8.

Well I'm now using ConvertXtoDVD & DVDflick for my dvd movies. I just need something simple for burning data and music discs. I think I might just install an old Nero 7 or 8.

I suggest you give ImgBurn a try after all it's free. :)

I suggest you give ImgBurn a try after all it's free. :)

Yep ImgBurn for data is the gear, light quick and does a bloody good job.

For Audio CDs try Burrrn

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

For DVD video I use mostly Nero 7 (had a full licence since it was fairly new), Gave 8 and 9 a try but too full of unneeded crap.

If I don't want menus and chapters I use DVDFlick or DeVeDe.

ffmpeg to convert AVI->DVDMPEG

GUI for dvdauthor to do DVDMPEG -> ISO (with menus)

IMGBurn to do ISO -> DVD

Rob.