mohawk

Atomic’s Most Recommended Psu’s Thread.

I will be going back to Zalman, when/if my Corsair dies. I find them a little quieter, and I prefer the cool glow of a little LED light. Both made by Seasonic anyway.

Really?

According to the front page of this thread, I see different.

Another article for those interested in power supplies and practical power usage levels.

Here's the general gist of it though:

Posted Image

That basically shows that a decent 600W PSU would be fine with an i7 + GTX 295 (similar to SLI'd GTX 260's or 280's) system and most people don't need any better than a decent 350Wer.

Added:

• Corsair HX850

Moved to secondary list:

• Silverstone Olympia OP850

Nice articles there tantryl. I have copied them and put them on the first page.

Edited by mohawk

Added article explaining how the 80Plus certification works.

Moved Dasa's link for 80Plus PSU's to front page.

Corsair HX750 is a gun.

If I were the type to go in for big power sucking computers, I could fall in love with this PSU.

looks like an awesome PSU especially considering they tested it at 46c not just room temps and that it could go up to 900w before overloading. Edited by nesquick

Corsair HX750 is a gun.

If I were the type to go in for big power sucking computers, I could fall in love with this PSU.

The gun is now here!

Added:

• Corsair HX750

I don't know if it counts for anything but first hand experience is always good.

I have been using this HX850 for about a week now and it is seriously awesome :D

so many cable options, 7 year warranty, 6 pcie (6+2pin) power connectors and the usual corsair industrial grade quality.

Well, I can't see why it would not count. Its good to have reviewers reviewing it as well as thoughts off consumers.

Well, I can't see why it would not count. Its good to have reviewers reviewing it as well as thoughts off consumers.

well I don't have the equipment to properly review it but yea first hand experience cant be that bad.

Hey Mo, what about Scythe PSU's? They brag a 84% effiency rating... perhaps you should check out some reviews on 'em

no you should find the reviews for him :P