mohawk

Atomic’s Most Recommended Psu’s Thread.

Added:

• Scythe Kamariki 4 550W

Hey SC thanks for the Scythe. I looked at that review ages ago but at that time it was not available in Australia therefore did not qualify to go on the list.

There are actually a lot good power supplies out there but this list only concentrates on the good ones that are available here in Australia.

I'd suggest the Silverstone ST75EF would be a strong contender for price and performance - at $150, this is a pretty damnned decent PSU, Hardwaresecrets review.

Edited by philo-sofa

Antec has just released some new EA-380D\430D Green psu that are 80+ bronze and could be made by Delta

now we just need some reviews but the EA380D seems to be priced ok its currently under $70

Yeah, I noticed the extra D on the last couple of NSK cases I built systems in. It's going to annoy the hell out of me until some real tests are done, and since most of the reviews are for 500+W PSUs it might be a while. Damnit.

Added:

• SilverStone Nightjar 400 W

• Zalman ZM500-RS

• Amacrox Free Style 650 W

• Zalman ZM770-XT

Moved to secondary list:

• Silverstone Strider ST50F 500W

wat about the enermax revolution range?

General consensus is that they're great quality, but over priced.

wat about the enermax revolution range?

General consensus is that they're great quality, but over priced.

For the 850watt sure I agree, compared against some other exceptional units from corsair, xfx and seasonic the enermax doesn't offer anything worth paying the extra for. However the 1050 and 1250watt enermax revolution psu's are excellent value for money. The 1050 can be purchased for cheaper than the corsair hx-1000 and is arguably the better psu.

was looking at them last night on pccg, for the price they don't look to bad.

Im helping a mate build a system, and they took my eye, as they are quite a decent price.

Im helping a mate build a system, and they took my eye, as they are quite a decent price.

Any idea who makes them?

Any idea who makes them?

Some people on the vast web think it might be Seasonic. I can't get any substantial reviews either, it seems they hit the market and caught everyone by surprise. Edited by SceptreCore

Just bought an Enermax Revolution85+ SLI 850W. I wanted something with plenty of stable grunt and QUIET, and this is that. My only complaint is the number of non-modular cables. Apart from mobo & cpu(maybe gpu), everything else should be modular IMO.There are a couple I'm not using that I'd rather have out of the case, but it's no big deal.

Added:

• Enermax Tomahawk 500W

• XFX 750W Black Edition

• Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W

• OCZ Z Series 850W

• Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000

That would mean that my 550w black energy is bad? I know they say blacks the worst colour there is (no offence, carl), but it was cheap, built in! Ah, who am I kidding, I should have known it was a piece of crap.

Haha, bored moment. I'm high. Can ya tell?

An OK review. I would have liked a bit more detail on what equipment was being used to provide the load, and some ripple & noise testing at a much higher load (only tested at 100W, which even most generic PSUs would do OK at). The internals are decent but nothing too flash. I would expect a fair rise in ripple/noise at the higher loads (but would expect it to be within spec, it's just a question of how far in spec).

Would like to see more, but with the strength of the Antec name, knowing the internals are good enough and that amount of testing already done, and at a sub-$80 price point, I'd give it a big thumbs up.

Edited by tantryl