mohawk

Atomic’s Most Recommended Psu’s Thread.

This list needs small form factor PSU category for ITX/HTPC type applications.

To kick it off there's this SFX form factor PSU:

IN WIN 300W IP-P300BN7-2

Website http://www.in-win.us/products_power_series...mp;series_id=41

Review here http://www.silentpcreview.com/article968-page9.html

Pricing http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...N7-2&spos=3

There's another I could post but there's no static-ice prices for it.

It's been suggested before, but since the options are so limited in Aus and the reviews are even more limited, there doesn't seem like much point in it.

It'd be nice if we could make a list... but it'd pretty much consist of that InWin one.

It's been suggested before, but since the options are so limited in Aus and the reviews are even more limited, there doesn't seem like much point in it.

It'd be nice if we could make a list... but it'd pretty much consist of that InWin one.

It wouldn't be of any interest to your a-typical atomican. And to anyone here that it does interest would probably conduct their own search on the matter.

SFX is for the weak.

so surprised the enermax revolution85+ 850/950/1050/1250 has not made it to this list yet - i have had mine since jan 09. in fact, loved it so much i recently purchased a second one.

website link: http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/pro...lv0=1&lv1=7

anandtech review: http://www.anandtech.com/show/2662

reviews from the approved tech sites seem to be fairly light on, but there are plenty of other reviews around.

SyKRyD the links have to come from either Johnnyguru. SilentPC... or another one I forget but its on the first page of this thread.

Mohawk. I was wondering, maybe you could add a nice small sentence that summarises the PSU from the concluding statement of the reviewer?

This way it might help someone torn between different products.

SyKRyD the links have to come from either Johnnyguru. SilentPC... or another one I forget but its on the first page of this thread.

All reviews will only come from the following sites as they are the only ones that actually test PSU’s properly; Anandtech, Hardware Secrets, Jonnyguru and Silentpcreview.

..thanks for coming.

All reviews will only come from the following sites as they are the only ones that actually test PSU’s properly; Anandtech, Hardware Secrets, Jonnyguru and Silentpcreview.

..thanks for coming.

You bitch! :P

That's new... not my fault.

Hi all,

I’ve been offline for a month so expect to see some updates in a couple of days.

Also, even if the PSU has been reviewed by 1 of the 4 trusted sites it also needs to be available in Australia. There have been a number of times when a PSU has been reviewed but has still not hit our shores yet, therefore I can't add it to the list.

Cheers,

lol @ sc/nq.. you guys crack me up

although my first one had be to bought and carried over from overseas, revolution85+ are aplenty in oz these days. got my 2nd one from blacktea tech a couple of weeks ago - bargain too!

Edited by SyKRyD

Your joking right... inwin!!!

rofl.

You realise there's already InWin options in the list already yeah?

True, doesn't mean we shouldn't bother though.

Aside from SFX PSU's there's also slim and micro ATX PSUs around. Just saying there's other form factors around other than regular ATX ones.

SFX is for the weak.

It's not how big it is, it's how you use it :) Edited by mark84

Added:

• Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W

• Seasonic X-Series 750W

• Enermax Revolution 85+ High Efficiency 1050W

2 more articles added:

• Why 99% of Power Supply Reviews Are Wrong.

• Review from Hardware Secrets about how a manufacturer labeled a 450 W power supply as a 750 W unit and dies during testing.

Pretty nice looking from SF there. And big props to the forum poster there for looking at the insides then using the raw data from the Chinese review - nice work.

well ive had antec 550w true power for 4-5 years no problem running the comp almost 24/7

had a silverstone 850w and it cracked and died in under 2 years

and im now running xfx 850w and loving it silent and awesome

it probably didnt take any other parts with it though?

my corsair tx750 blew a few sec into its first post but its rma replacement is all good

having a longer warranty can be handy

it probably didnt take any other parts with it though?

YEP it took my 9800GX2 WITH IT was not happy as you cant get em anymore and it was running bc2 at full res

Does anyoneknow where I can buy extra modular cables for a HE550? Like off the shelf. I've asked a few resellers and it must be all too hard for them as they never got back to me. I want a PCI-x cable with 8 pins at the gpu end. Or a 6+2 pin one. I made one up with an molex to 6pin adaptor but the 6pin end only has two 5v wires in the plug not the three like the modular cables have, and I think thats why it (the gpu) won't work. Thanks.