Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Reb1rth.

Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain - I've been waiting on this game for quite some time now.

Quantic Dream's previous game; Fahrenheit, really grabbed my attention when it was released... and my anticipation for Heavy Rain is very high.

Though, as with numerous other games in recent times, I'm concerned about the censorship of said title, especially considering its 'adult content'.

I've read mixed things online about the game's content possibly being censored to suit different regions of the world, but I have also read a statement from Sony, saying that the content of the game will remain intact everywhere the game is released.

I checked the OFLC site, and it is labelled with an MA15+ rating.

Listed with;

- Strong violence

- 'Themes' (?)

- Sex scene

http://www.oflc.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/d8...33;OpenDocument

It lists nothing about the various nudity that supposedly appears throughout the game, but also says the version submitted is 'ORIGINAL'... so I am wondering if anybody here knows anything on this topic.

Are we recieving version of the game that is censored in any way?

I really want the 'rain drop' packaging collector's edition, but I don't want to buy a censored version of the game... especially not a game so heavy in its storytelling as Heavy Rain is.

I want the entire product to be intact, so I can experience the full impact of the game.

Sometimes nudity gets bundled in with sex scene/s in classification if the nudity is in a sexual context, so it could be correct. Not sure though.

Either way play asia could supply you with an Asian version that wouldnt be censored but i did a quick search and found no news on our version being modified, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Reviews are in!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386421

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...?q=heavy%20rain

Whoop! Almost universal praise this early on. Probably my most anticipated GOTY, and one of the 2 or 3 that I have let my hype-meter go off the chart for!

Spoiler free opening credits:

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_heavy_rain...n-14167_fr.html

Edited by elfinke

Though I liked farenheight, I feel it's problems have transported into Heavy Rain, that being the heavy use of cut scenes and quicktime events plus midling gameplay. Though I'm sure the narrative is stellar I don't have the same enthusiasm for the gameplay.

Holy crap.

Could this an actual reason to plug in my almost pristine 18 month old PS3?

'

The best console ever made, Atari 2600.

'

Edited by Foods

Dungeon Crawl (Melbourne city) are having their own Heavy Rain launch on the 18th Feb, with no doubt the asian copy, which comes out on the 18th.

If they have no raindrop collectors editions, I think I'll wait...

E-mailed them about it, but no response yet.

Edited by Reb1rth.

It's just a black page for me...

EDIT: Nevermind... got there myself.

Signed up, see what it is when I get an email from them I guess.

Edited by Reb1rth.

I started the game just a few days ago - there's no reason you can't start late. Another one of my friends started this morning and I'm helping him with the first set of clues.

Seriously, just play. http://www.heavyrainps3.com/rainisfalling

If you want to play Heavy Rain at all, and have internet access (which you obviously do since you're posting on here HAHA) just follow the trail and see what you can find. There are no spoilers about the Heavy Rain game itself, we just get to see a bit into the origami killer's mind, hope this helps when I play the real thing too.

Another black screen from your link.

Guess I'll have to find it myself...

Okay, the Heavy Rain site SUCKS.

I can't find shit on there, AND I registered... got no email, no nothing... so I have no fuckin' clue what to do.

Edited by Reb1rth.

Could possibly be because you haven't signed up yet, whoops haha. Could also be because the page didn't load properly, it's flash heavy - you're watching a rainy scene for a clue.

I signed up yesterday...

And the page said 'done'.

It decides to work the second try... Sigh.

I don't get it... some rain drops falling and random words appearing in the puddle, and jumbled letters up the top.

Random 'information' means nothing to me.

Refreshed the page and got different letters?!

Edited by Reb1rth.

If it's an anagram, why does it change and give me totally different letters?

Why would there be more than one answer?

...did you write those letters down?

I have run through this three times now. The letters are the same each time, just in different order. But it doesn't matter because its an anagram regardless. No one else I've spoken to has run into this problem. =/

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

Also, try here:

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-r...t-now-heres-how

Follow it to the word, and you'll be fine. You needn't wait for an email after registering. After you have registered, you can login immediately with whatever details it was you used (indeed, you can use a fake email and so on). Then follow the kotaku link above for the 4 clues you need, and bam, you're in.

/edit: Also of note, it's a 1.7gb download.

and it's fan-fucking-tastic!

Edited by elfinke