Sign in to follow this  
anndy

A problem with steam..

Hey guys, I get this error whenever I start up COD (or any game for that matter). The error goes:

The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes.

I've tried deleting the something .blob file in the steam folder, so it re-downloaded, I've verified the game files but when I try to defragment it, it says that my HDD is too fragmented and cannot defrag the game.. Funny that, I checked with defraggler and the regular disk defragmenter, and they say I'm less than 2% fragmented..

any suggestions guys? :(

Are you on Bigpond and applying some kind of content filter like SteamWatch or Frey?

'cause Bigpond changed their IPs recently. Which fucks with things a bit.

Ooh shucks, that might be it.. How can I uninstall steamwatch or Frey? Once I ran the .exe they just dissapeared and I assumed they were working hehe ^^;

EDIT: i got it! it was frey's filter thing. thanks tantryl :D:D

Edited by anndy

You can re-apply the command line filter if you download it, uncompress it, edit the bat file that is extracted, and replace 203.46.104.7 with 203.39.198.167 and 203.46.104.8 with 203.39.198.168.

Then run the bat file and follow the normal steps.

Filter happily re-applied :)

Oh wow :| how do you know this LOL

Well nah, I don't think I'll re apply it, I'm shaped right now and I'm switching over to tpg.. So there's no real need for a filter anymore :P

Oh yeah, and thanks again :D hehe

Edited by anndy